Looking for some more friends to help each other stay on track ! - Hypermobility fellows ?

Options
Hey !

I don't have many friends on myfitnessPal because, well, I don't know a lot of people going through a lifestyle change like this.

My goal is to lose around 30 to 35 kg which would be about 77 pounds ? I come from Belgium, I love food and cooking and sharing recipes, all this on a budget since I am a college student. I started mfp and daily workout almost two weeks ago and I would love to be able to keep going along with some friends !

I also have discovered that I have hypermobility syndrome like a week ago so.. Does anyone know if there's something I have to do while working out ?

I'd love to hear from you guys !

Replies

• danzrlove
    danzrlove Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Oshmir wrote: »
    Hey !

I don't have many friends on myfitnessPal because, well, I don't know a lot of people going through a lifestyle change like this.

My goal is to lose around 30 to 35 kg which would be about 77 pounds ? I come from Belgium, I love food and cooking and sharing recipes, all this on a budget since I am a college student. I started mfp and daily workout almost two weeks ago and I would love to be able to keep going along with some friends !

I also have discovered that I have hypermobility syndrome like a week ago so.. Does anyone know if there's something I have to do while working out ?

I'd love to hear from you guys !

Hi There. I was diagnosed last week. There are a few facebook groups that have been helpful and I too need support.
  • Laurnelaine
    Laurnelaine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have it too! Does anyone else find the “repairing” time after a work longer than everyone elses? I did a HIIT exercise on Wednesday and was in pain with my thigh to my knees til the Saturday.... any advice?? This is even with a protein shake.

Mostly you just have to be careful not to dislocate any joints. I dislocated my knee just walking so... just be careful and listen to your body.
  • danzrlove
    danzrlove Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    @LPeattie I find that only until I get used to the workout. Like now I am deconditioned so when I go workout I am sore for a while, before I was doing 2-3 sometimes 4 workouts a week and didn’t get sore. So I would say be conservative with new workouts and possibly do a shorter workout than others if you take a class and then slowly work up. Hopefully you will acclimate and won’t feel sore as often.
  • Laurnelaine
    Laurnelaine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    danzrlove wrote: »
    @LPeattie I find that only until I get used to the workout. Like now I am deconditioned so when I go workout I am sore for a while, before I was doing 2-3 sometimes 4 workouts a week and didn’t get sore. So I would say be conservative with new workouts and possibly do a shorter workout than others if you take a class and then slowly work up. Hopefully you will acclimate and won’t feel sore as often.

Thank you for your advice!

I keep on keeping on