5'2.5 weight loss goal...

Options

Replies

• jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am around 5'2.5 maybe a smidge more. Can't remember at this point.
    I am at 127 and my goal is 117-120z. Truthfully would be thrilled if I could get to 120. Was there before I had twins 2 years ago an cannot get down.

Jenn
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" (maybe a smidgen more). My highest weight ever was in the 150s, but I started here at 144. I'm currently 133. My original goal was 120, but I am considering revising it upwards a bit. I think if I keep losing fat, I will be happy at 125 or so.
  • niste_ketlin
    Options
    I'm only 5'1".. And my goal is higher.. I started out at 217 wanting to lose 77 pounds.. But I was told not to go for that much.. I have a bigger bone structure, and bigger hips and all that stuff that comes with being female.. I was told shooting so low would make me unhealthy, and that the wind would "Blow me over". So, I'll just go until I'm happy.. And as long as I can get rid of some of my stomach, I'll be plenty happy.
    I'm 5' 2.75" and also have a large frame. My goal is to get to 120-125 because at 140 lbs. I was unhappy with the extra flab. For my height 140 is right on the border of being overweight, so that would actually still be overweight for yours. Who told you not to "go for that much?" Unless it was a health professional, I'd ignore them. Our friends and family are used to us looking the way we currently do and you'll see lots of stories here from people whose f&f tell them to "stop losing" when they still have a long way to go.

My point is, shoot for a healthy weight and whatever makes you happy. Don't listen to those who try to tell you that you're "too thin" when all medical evidence suggests otherwise.

It was my friends dad, who is a fitness guru of sorts.. Religious runner and exerciser, etc. Not only am I big framed, I have loads of muscle in hiding.. So I can see where he is coming from. I don't have to be model sized. I don't have to have protruding bones. I just want to be happy with myself, and I may stop short of my goal if I am happy where I land.

Edit:
    Seeing all of these people who are an inch or so taller than me with goals of nearly 100 pounds makes me feel like I'm making a bad choice by considering keeping weight on me. :huh:
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1. My original goal was 115, but I think now I will aim for 110, and probably eventually 105. I store my weight on my stomach which is the most health-risky place for it, so although my BMI and BF% are good (21 and 18 respectively) I still need to lose, and still dislike how I look.
  • Kissxx
    Kissxx Posts: 99
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently 120. I'd like to tone and go down to 110. 115 will be fine if I think I look toned enough. I dont want to be really muscular with visible abs.I just want to go down to around 20% BF.
  • midwesthiker
    Options
    I am 5 2 as well :) I was 200 when I started, down to 168 now. My goal was 130, but seeing all of the posts here perhaps I need to lower it. Guess I won't know until I get there. I am lighter now then I have been in 15 years and can't remember being lighter than 150.
  • jett0206
    jett0206 Posts: 58
    Options
    I am 5'1"
    SW 185
    GW 125
  • winterjade
    winterjade Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    WOW there are a lot of people that are 5'2" LOL me included! I am currently 157lbs and my goal is between 140 and 150 depending on how much muscle I gain! a couple of years ago I was 134 and unfortunately while losing the weight I also lost my boobs!!! so I am more working on replacing my fat with muscle as I was to keep the boobage..... :P
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    i'm 5'3

started around 164 and when i got on mfp was 160. Now i'm 154.

i want to be 130 for right now but hoping to be in the 120's someday! :)

good luck to you!
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    I'm 5'3 :)

Started at 160 lbs but not on MFP. I started here at 141 lbs. Currently 120 lbs. Shooting for 105lbs or nicely toned 110lbs.
  • krista896
    krista896 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 and currently 130 my ultimate goal is 108lbs, which is the weight i was before i started college and destroyed my body with pizza and booze.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    5 ft 2.75 (i say 5 ft 3) my goal is 120
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet...currently around 135 and hoping to be around 115...but I'll take 120 if I have to since losing weight has been an extremely difficult process as of the last so many months....:(
  • JDArrant
    JDArrant Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and weigh 167.
    A year ago Saturday I weighed 210 - including the baby!

So since he was born I've lost 43 and now down to pre-children (168) which was a big mid-point goal for me.
    My next goal is 150 - that'll put me at my highest weight in high school (9 years ago).

Number wise I'm shooting long term for 130, and after that it'll probably be training oriented - running a marathon, lifting a certain amount, etc.
  • MaggieP86
    Options
    After scanning this I feel a little sad and (damn I am big). I am 5'2.5 and my goal is 125. I am currently at 195, but I have lost 19lbs. Still I have a long way to go.

Never feel bad about yourself!! The point of this is to build confidence and lose weight, not to get bogged down by others! The reason you're here is to make yourself healthier, so if anyone makes you feel ashamed/embarassed about yourself, remember that! Even if we start a little larger, the fact that we're here shows that we have the intention of being the "Skinny Kid"

I started my journey at 255lbs. I'm at 214-219 (daily flux) and aiming for 135.
  • elsteer
    elsteer Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm the same height and weight as you and aiming for around 113lbs. It's good to know that someone else is aiming for the smae kind of goal and at the same starting place :smile:
  • heather_elise85
    heather_elise85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5'' also, starting at 160 - now 156.. aiming for anything in the 120's : )

good luck to you in your weight loss journey : )

I hope you make it to your goal!!
  • alanaosu
    alanaosu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Is anyone having trouble losing weight as it's essentially vanity pounds for a lot of us?

How did you get through it?
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Is anyone having trouble losing weight as it's essentially vanity pounds for a lot of us?

How did you get through it?

Ugh. I haven't gotten through it. I had lost some weight before when living on my own but then in a week I gained back five pounds because of being extremely busy moving and on the road (aka eating fast food :( ) and haven't been able to even BUDGE my weight since.... :'( I'm working out MORE now and eating fairly healthy but I think I have to be EXTRA careful with what I eat...

The only thing I hate about being short...five pounds looks like 20 pounds. :(
  • AmandaCG
    AmandaCG Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 3/4 if I stand up super straight! :bigsmile: My starting weight was 165 *GASP* My first goal was 135. I wasn't happy with that so I took it to 125. Still felt like I could lose more so I took it down to 115. My current weight it 116 and I feel pretty good but my ultimate goal is 105-110. I would like to be able to hang out between the two. I am always trying to push myself to the next level so my new goal is just to really get my body fat down, so if I don't lose any weight that's ok, I'm just trying to get everything to stay still when I walk!