Cauliflower pizza base tips?

Options
Has anyone made the cauliflower pizza recipe from the blog? The taste was great but the base stuck to the baking parchment like glue. Any ideas how to fix this please?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Use little bit of oil on the parchment.
  • ohi874
    ohi874 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was lazy and used broiled eggplant instead of making a cauliflower crust.... and omg was it delicious!
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I haven't made the one from the blog, but I made a different one and the tip I received was to use oil or cooking spray to keep from sticking. If I recall, I used cooking spray and it was fine.
  • Tiifu
    Tiifu Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Are you supposed to use the cheese in the crust? It's in the base recipe, but not in the video recipe that was just posted
  • LindsayGii
    LindsayGii Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The crust is cauliflower, egg, seasoning and almond flour. I've never seen almond flour so I used a mixed grain flour I already had for pizza bases. Tomato sauce and cheese on top.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I haven’t used the one in the blog! I do one that is just a bag of frozen Riced cauliflower, 1 egg, and some cheeSe and it doesn’t stick to the pan if I use cooking spray! :) so tasty!
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I want to try this. Do you go fairly light on the
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    If you can't get it right, they sell it pre-made at Trader Joe's.

Haven't tried it myself, just saw it there in the frozen food section once.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying premier cauliflower pizzas called Caulipower. About 300 calories for 1/2 the pizza.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    LindsayGii wrote: »
    The crust is cauliflower, egg, seasoning and almond flour. I've never seen almond flour so I used a mixed grain flour I already had for pizza bases. Tomato sauce and cheese on top.

Almond flour is almond meal.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    tripitena wrote: »
    I want to try this. Do you go fairly light on the crushed tomato

• LindsayGii
    Options
    I made a mix of tomato paste and chopped canned tomatoes and put oregano in. I tend to pack in as many veggies as possible to avoid being hungry. I also used a little anchovy and black olive. A tiny amount packs a ton of flavour. And basil leaves. It looked like a small serving but I was stuffed after eating it! And still only around 350 calories for the lot.
  • LindsayGii
    Options
    I haven’t used the one in the blog! I do one that is just a bag of frozen Riced cauliflower, 1 egg, and some cheeSe and it doesn’t stick to the pan if I use cooking spray! :) so tasty!

I've got a bag of frozen cauliflower in the freezer. My son wasn't fooled it was rice!! But he helped.make the pizza and loved it so I'll try this. Thanks. :)
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Not an answer to your question but, I tried Cali'flour pizza crusts and the are great. Much easier than making them as I have done in the past. https://www.califlourfoods.com/