- gives you energy for workouts
- Zero or low sugar content
- Low calories

Can anyone recommend anything for me?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Zero calorie energy drinks. Legal stimulants.

However I would think that some calories in the form of carbs would probably enhance your workout.
  • sczoo26
    sczoo26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks both I currently use coffee (Nescafé azera) was just looking for something cold, cold coffee is horrid in my eyes lol!
  • RebelMcCabe85
    RebelMcCabe85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    "BPI Sports 1.M.R Vortex Pre-Workout Powder in Arctic Ice," or "Six Star Pro Nutrition Pre-Workout Explosion Powder in Fruit Punch." I workout 5x a week, 60 minute sessions of cardio or lifting. Both taste and work just as well and aren't super expensive.
  • its_me_april
    its_me_april Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I second coffee! If I don't have coffee, I use Cobra Labs The Curse! I love it, it's not too caffeinated (definitely enough for me), and the blue raspberry is so good IMO, I crave it even when I don't need a pre-workout :)
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Coffee or caffeine tabs...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sczoo26 wrote: »
    Thanks both I currently use coffee (Nescafé azera) was just looking for something cold, cold coffee is horrid in my eyes lol!

Redbull
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Banana, milk, Greek yoghurt and a nut butter of your choice. You don't need powders.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I used to go zero calorie on the preworkout ... but ... I workout fasted 5am and have noticed a massive increase in output from my workouts since using drinks with carbs in them ... go figure

Currently using bsn no xplode igniter

For 2 servings you are looking at 300mg caffeine, 65 cals and 3.5g creatine

Oddly enough the same amount of Cals more or less than those energy gel shots you can buy for doing endurance sports and don’t have time to eat but need to keep glycogen topped up ... something to do with the body only being able to process 1g carb per minute ... dunno, probably rubbish.

I certainly would not injest more than 100Cal of fast acting carbs for a workout, there is no benefit to the workout for me
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Another caffeine vote
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Banana, milk, Greek yoghurt and a nut butter of your choice. You don't need powders.

and consume more calories than your workout will burn before you even start?
  • sammiewammie444
    sammiewammie444 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i dont usually like energy drinks but i tied moose juice the other day and it tasted pretty good!
    ATM im using MET-Rx supreme pre workout powder, cherry cola flavour. i dont actually like it that much personally but that is because if anything is coke flavoured then i dont like it when it isnt fizzy. so i gulp it down and have another drink straight after so i dont have to taste it lol. it's great though and it gives me a massive energy boost.
    i personally find that preworkout powders really work for me. i hate coffee, dont usually drink any other hot drinks and i hardly ever buy energy drinks.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Coffee normally, but I'll admit every once in a while I might have a sugar free Rockstar, watermelon flavor.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Cellucor C4 Original - 5 calories per scoop and has 150mg caffeine. They also have a C4 "Extreme" with 300 mg caffeine.
  • gogetemrogue
    gogetemrogue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    sczoo26 wrote: »

Have you tried making cold brew? Don't bother with bottled cold brew or cold brew from places like Starbucks, those don't taste as good as cold brew you made yourself. My favorite coffee for cold brew is Arabian Mocha Java from Peets. You will find that the cold brew will have a lot of the rich flavor of the coffee but less acidity, making it easier on the stomach. I find it to be stronger too.

If you still don't like it...I guess the other comments in the thread will be more helpful. Personally I swore off energy drinks after having a really bad case of insomnia/anxiety over 12 hours after having a white Monster.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Black coffee, only about four calories and all the energy boost you need. Also cheap in most cases.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Wash a caffeine tablet down with a can of Redbull
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I tried C4 once...I thought my heart was going to explode out of my chest and I swear I could feel my hair growing on my head and I'm bald...I'll never touch that *kitten* again...
  • yelhsalobie
    yelhsalobie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My husband and I love the c4 cellucor pre workout. I use the "ripped" version for fat loss.