Fodmap diet

Options
Is anybody following a Fodmap diet?
I start it today and I'm hoping to find friends who also follow this diet :)

Replies

• Orchid4mom2
    Orchid4mom2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's true,are you following it?
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I've thought about trying it for some weird IBS-like symptoms I was having. It was too restrictive for me and my symptoms have been manageable so I haven't given it a real shot. I will again if my symptoms flare up, but otherwise I'll pass.
  • hannamarie0098
    hannamarie0098 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have done it in the past, under the supervision of a dietician.
  • cryspepin
    cryspepin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am doing it, total game changer for me. IBS symptoms hugely imrpoved.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    What symptoms are you trying to improve?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    I've thought about trying it for some weird IBS-like symptoms I was having. It was too restrictive for me and my symptoms have been manageable so I haven't given it a real shot. I will again if my symptoms flare up, but otherwise I'll pass.

Yeah i considered too. But it's way too restrictive and would be my absolute last resort!
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My fiance follows it. It helped him identify his food issues, though he is a total foodie and does go off it. But in general, when we cook at home, we make low fodmap friendly stuff and I find subs for ingredients. Luckily, he will eat almost anything that's low fodmap friendly and that I make.
  • michellebirtleeds
    michellebirtleeds Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to work up the motivation to try it. I live with CFS and a different elimination-challenge diet helped me identify a couple of dietary triggers for my symptoms. I should try FODMAP too.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I did it - to help with IBS that was part of my CFS. It is not so bad. It made me feel i was being proactive and it certainly helped ease the IBS

Both cfs and ibs have gotten better - tho i am still impacted by cfs.

I stopped the fodmap - once the ins had calmed enough to no longer concern me.