Must have?!

Options
I'm doing an online shop/ planning my meals etc and I'm wondering what ur "must have's" are what's is always on your shopping list to help with your weight loss?!

Replies

• Happysoul0317
    Happysoul0317 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Amazing Grass Super Protein Food (Vanilla), H2O, Morning Star Veggie Burgers Prime Grillers, Goat Cheese, Baby Butter Salad, Balsamic Vinegar, and Lavash. I can whip up most meals with just those things.
  • Katimira
    Katimira Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Eggwhites, eggs, fish or chicken, oatmeal, salsa, lemon, avocado, good mustard, greek yogurt, fruits, lots of veggies (kale, red pepper, cucumber, arugula, onions, carrots, spouts), multigrain breads, brown rice, peanut butter.
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Food scale! In season fruit--currently a lot of tangerines for me, premier protein shakes, deli ham, greek yogurt, sour dough bread and on it goes. Eat what you like that also keeps you satiated and you will be able to keep it up!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    My staple items are eggs, cheese, bacon, avocado, and cottage cheese...my other foods tend to rotate around, but I generally have avocado/cottage cheese for lunch, and something with bacon for dinner at least twice a week plus eggs for dinner at least once a week.
  • mathdad41
    mathdad41 Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Grab an Instant Pot. These things are amazing. Helps to make sure you are preparing all your meals at home. Really cut down on our eating out as you can make good quality meals quickly.

As far as food:

Chicken breasts, venison, sardines, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, honey, eggs, oatmeal, romaine lettuce, brussels sprouts, asparagus, beets, apples, peanut butter, almonds, walnuts, laughing cow cheese, and COFFEE.
    These are a lot of my staples.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    +2 on the food scale.
    +1 on the instant pot if you are busy (can quickly cook up a large batch of meat or soup/stew/chili for the week).

My most frequent staple foods that are always in the house:
    • breakfast/on-the-go meals/snacks: yogurt, cottage cheese, food bars with some added protein & fiber, peanut butter singles, SF jello, eggs (occasional weekend breakfast or hard-boiled as snack).
    • Lunch/Dinner: frozen bagged vegetables, some lean meat(s) (such as chicken, 93/7 ground beef or ground turkey, shrimp, salmon, mussels, lean boneless ham quarters, turkey franks,..), canned mushrooms, canned diced tomatoes, sauces/seasonings (seasoned salt, sazon, pepper, bouillion, balsamic glaze, teriyaki, soy sauce, Worcester), pre-grated parmesan in the can - I have little self-control around better cheese,..)
    • Misc: splenda, butter-flavored oil in aerosol can
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    peanut butter...
  • kas1317
    kas1317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    quest bars, greek yogurt, green beans, sweet potatoes, chicken breasts, carrots, deli turkey for lunch sandwich, ICE brand flavored waters, 0 cal cooking spray for everything/
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I always keep Greek yogurt and protein bars and snacks on hand. If I need less calories, I opt for the version of a food that has the best calories and protein to serving size ratio.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    protein bars, chicken, pork, frozen/canned vegetables, rice, potatoes, cottage cheese.
  • jsminer827
    jsminer827 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    There isn't a magic food to eat to lose weight or a list of no-no's... but, sometimes life gets in the way of our best laid plans so I like to make sure I have QuestBars on hand (low GI, lots of protein which is good for me because added sugar makes me want more sugar which derails me hardcore), I usually have a protein shake after the gym (I like PureProtein or EAS Chocolate - they both blend smooth). I would also recommend a BlenderBottle and a food scale.

The cooking spray recommendation is a good one too - particularly if you're early in and cutting calories versus maintenance. I know when I started I felt hungry a lot and consuming the oil that I cooked a veggie in wasn't satisfying - I wanted more veggies or more protein or more carbs - whatever... so I didn't want to "spend" my calories on getting the food cooked! Now that I'm closer to maintenance (I'm still eating at a *slight* deficit but I'm really focused on recomp) I cook with oil and sometimes even butter *gasp*!
  • kdaniellec81
    kdaniellec81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Coffee and creamer I really can not go without at all lol. Chicken, eggs, cottage cheese, quest bars, premier protein shakes, water, fresh fruits and veggies, and love my sugar free popsicles.
  • fibrofat2fibrofit
    fibrofat2fibrofit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jessicafordy9
    jessicafordy9 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you like to eat and how you are losing weight. If you're doing specific diet then your foods will likely revolve around that. If you're just calorie counting any food technically can be bought. Personally I plan my meals before shopping and get the specific foods such as; meat, veg, pasta, eggs, bread etc and try to limit snacks as I would eat them all within a couple days.
  • getalife9353
    getalife9353 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My shopping list is pretty simple:
    Meat - I always buy meat on sale. vacuum seal and freeze. (Chicken breast or thighs, Pork roast which I will cut into chops sometimes, Tuna steaks, Salmon, ocasionally beef )
    Vegitables - usually fresh and on sale. I generally buy fresh vegitables every couple of days. I always have some selection of frozen vegitables in the freezer.
    Fruit
    Potatos (Sweet and Russet)
    Rice
    Olive oil
    I don't buy snack foods in my weekly shopping. That is one of my problem areas, so if I want to snack on something I have to make a special trip to buy it. I usually decide it isn't worth the effort and drank some water instead. I do occasionally stop and buy single serving bag of chips on the way home from work, but that doesn't happen much any more. Once I got away from the snacks I no longer desire them much.