Turbo Jammers 2/9-2/15

Options

Replies

• gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    OK, just did my workout for the day...CP and Ab Jam. For the record I didn't like working out this late (compared to my normal mid-day...aka nap time). The darn nap I took didn't do a thing for me anyways:tongue:

Oh well...got the workout in:drinker:

Great work, ladies!!!!
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Morning gang!!

Well what a past couple of days I have had! Sunday I went out with the girls, didnt binge on food but downed around 3 bottles of wine and was literally "dying" all days yesterday. Food wise I wasnt so bad yesterday but I havend done a workout since Saturday and I am really feeling it now!

I really doubt the scales will go down for me this week becuase of those two days but I plan on doing the PK&J workout in a while, and for the first time I will add in those handweights I got with it to boost it up for me!
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will look for that and probably check back with you guys as well! :flowerforyou:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Jammers,
    Hope all are well today and staying on track! I did CP1 before bed last night and CP2 this morning before work!! Used my gloves so it was even more intense. Man, do I love this work out!! I hadn't done CP1 in a week( been doing CP2 & 3 + others) so when I did it last nite it really got me going. Slept like a dog, lol!!

Shooting for Ab Jam when I get home and a quiet evening!!

Deedun - love the hair , very becoming:happy:

Keep doing the deal and I'll holler at y'all later:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dragonfly! i finally got back to my natural colour!

Well, my fat blaster dvd arrived today and as of yet I havent worked out so I will give it a try after I eat.. Kinda intimidated now since I havent worked out Sat:grumble:

Should I wear the gloves also with this dvd?
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies

I did CP2 and the 20 minute today. My triceps are still burning from doing 3T and the pushup challenge yesterday.

I need to run to the store while the kids are at school.

Hope everyone is gettin their jam on today!
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Good afternoon, ladies! WTG on getting in those workouts dragonfly and drevans mom! Deedun...anxious to see what you think of FB. I want to get that one as well!

Just finished P, K, & J and the 20 min workout. Feeling sore, but a good sore!

Enjoy the rest of your day all....keep on jammin!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dragonfly! i finally got back to my natural colour!

Well, my fat blaster dvd arrived today and as of yet I havent worked out so I will give it a try after I eat.. Kinda intimidated now since I havent worked out Sat:grumble:

Should I wear the gloves also with this dvd?

I wear my gloves with FB every time, but that's up to you if you want to learn it with the gloves on. Don't be intimidated! The good thing about FB is that you do each turbo twice, once low impact & once high impact so you have a chance to learn it. You can do it!

Deedun - your pic cracks me up simply b/c there is a headless person in it. LOL I do like your hair color, though! I've always wanted something that wasn't mousy brown. :tongue:

Lyn - How's the new "job" going so far?

Dragonfly - isn't it funny how when we take some time off from a certain workout, it kicks our butt the next time we do it?! I haven't done PK&J in a week & I am FEELING IT NOW! Yowzers! Have fun with AbJam!

I did FB this am & just got done PK&J'ing. I've had a blasted headache all day long & was hoping that jumping around my living room like a fool would help. It hasn't so far. :grumble: I'll probably be doing 20 min. with dh tonight, too. It's "last chance workout" for the BL challenge so I'm getting in as many as I can! My stupid scale is screwing with my head today so I'm determined to make it mind its manners by tomorrow morning. Ugh.

Happy Jamming, y'all!
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Jammers!

Great job on your workouts today everyone! I did CP3 and Booty Sculpt and Abs.

Love your hair deeduns!

:flowerforyou:
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Absolutely Deedun - you can do it! The gloves really up the intensity level and you'll burn more calories. Just make sure you don't secure them too tightly and if you feel uncomfortable slow down and take them off.
    I wasn't crazy about FB at first because it is a bit different than TJ but I really like it now. It's nice to have a 30 minute option and know you are getting a good calorie burn. I log it as high intensity aerobics.

Hope you enjoy it!!
  • chasethechanz
    Options
    Hello all,

I so excited I just order my Turbo Jam Max Results from Beach body. I can't wait until I get them in the mail. 5-7 days. It is going to be A long week.
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Hello all,

I so excited I just order my Turbo Jam Max Results from Beach body. I can't wait until I get them in the mail. 5-7 days. It is going to be A long week.

WooHoo...another one on board! You are going to love it:wink:
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hello all,

WOO HOO! Can't wait for you to join us! :drinker:
  • annette02
    Options
    This is my first time ever writing on the message boards. I have been a MFP member for over a year now, and usually just read everyones post. But, you guys seemed to inspire me a bit. And...I thought you may be able to help me out with a question I have.

I currently own P90 (never really got into that) and I also have Slim in 6. (good workout - but get bored) SO, I am thinking of trying TJ, it looks like a lot of fun. But, I was wondering if I should order the starting pack that comes with the first 5 videos, or just buy a couple videos off amazon and save some money. I am interested in getting Fat Blaster and P,K&J. I currently do a 20min denise austin kickboxing video, and use machines at the gym for 30 min. I also do heavy weight lifting 3x's a week. So, I am pretty active. I am just looking for a great video to amp up my workout and help push me to lose the last of my post baby weight. Do you think it would be too hard to start with those video's? What is everyones favorite video? and what do you think you use the most?

Thanks for the help! (sorry for rambling on)
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the thread! As you can see from the posts we all use pretty much all of the DVDs. If you do it regularly it definitely keeps it interesting. The cardio parties are just that...cardio workouts about 50 minutes long that are great workouts. If you wanted to try just one I'd suggest getting CP1,2,or 3 to see how you like it. PK&J is a great cardio workout too, but the moves are a little more repetitive and not as tricky to catch on to, so it's a good option if you like kick boxing. I like Fat Blaster when I'm short on time, and 3T and Booty Sculpt are great for toining. Basically I love them all, but if I could only pick one I think it would be CP3.
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • msplatts
    Options
    Hey Everyone,
    I did 3T last night for the first time & it was awesome. I love that it is going to tone my arms! I also did the Level 1 on 30 Day Shred. I think it's a good workout, but it's like a torture session. Where Turbo Jam is so much fun. Either way, my pants are too big & life is good.

I currently own P90 (never really got into that) and I also have Slim in 6. (good workout - but get bored) SO, I am thinking of trying TJ, it looks like a lot of fun. But, I was wondering if I should order the starting pack that comes with the first 5 videos, or just buy a couple videos off amazon and save some money. I am interested in getting Fat Blaster and P,K&J. I currently do a 20min denise austin kickboxing video, and use machines at the gym for 30 min. I also do heavy weight lifting 3x's a week. So, I am pretty active. I am just looking for a great video to amp up my workout and help push me to lose the last of my post baby weight. Do you think it would be too hard to start with those video's? What is everyones favorite video? and what do you think you use the most?

I own both P90x and Slim in 6. I also got bored with Slim in 6 and I only do P90x every now & then. Turbo Jam is really fun & great workouts. I really enjoy Cardio Party 2 and Lower Body Jam. I think I'm starting to love 3T after one time of doing it. Also, I'm cheap so I would buy the videos used on Ebay or Amazon. At least to see if you love them. I also have the ball workouts. I've only done Total Body Blast & it was hard. Based on everyone on here, I need to get my hands on Fat Blaster & the Ab Jam.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Annette - I haven't touched Slim In Six since I started Turbo Jam. I LOVE it! Fat Blaster is a good workout, but I don't think it is a good example of the rest of the cardio workouts. PK&J is fantastic b/c it includes a little of everything (including some time at the end with a resistance band). I honestly think that the max results package is a good thing to have. You have numerous workouts to work with & mix it up. If you want to save some money, check it out on eBay or do a search for beachbody coupons. I was able to find a discount coupon when I bought mine & I got 15% off. I agree with Megan about getting one of the cardio dvds if you want to "test it" first. Good luck with the baby weight!
  • jalley31
    jalley31 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello Turbo Girls!
    Just wanted to give you guys an update! I purchased CP2 & 3, Fat Blaster, Lower Body and the 3T DVD's. I gave them a try this week and since my last weight in on Jan 26th I have lost 3 lbs! Yeah! I love the new videos. Today is my day to double up on my workouts and I am going to try to do CP3 and 3T. I bet I will be sore tonight! Good luck this week ladies and keep up the hard work!
  • jalley31
    jalley31 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oh...by the way....How do I add a ticker to my replies on here?
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hey Ladies of Jam,
    hope all are doing fine on this Wednesday and getting their groove on!!
    Did make time for AB Jam while making dinner last nite and did FB before work this morning.
    PK & J (PB & J , lol!) on for after work and if there is strength i'll do ab jam - trying to add it in everyday.
    That was one of my goal for this week. It's a pretty intensive targeting 20 minutes and my abs need it!!

Welcome Annette- Glad you're joining us. I love turbo jam~ just started doing it a month ago now and I started out w/the "variety pack" I got the 5 workout dvd , cp2, cp3, 3t, fat blaster and lower body jam. the set included resistance bands with handles, a resistance band you tie, and the weighted gloves. 10 workouts and toys - i was so siked and still am. I've got variety and different tools to keep each workout exciting and challenging. I was already doing a (denise austin) boot camp workout, a ball workout (gunner peterson) and the firm (cardio w/ weight) They are all gathering dust now:laugh: i love TJ so much better ~ and I love the support and encouragement I get from my friends on this thread. The combo has made a huge impact on me - and I'm getting results. Inches and pounds gone -7lbs in the 1st 3 weeks.
    please join us ~ you'll be glad you did.
    Jalley31- go to tools from the menu bar and it will walk you through:wink:

Have a great day everyone:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: