c section Question

Options
ok here's a question that I've been dreading the answer for after the loss of all my exta baggage is there any hope of repairing some of the damage done during a c section child birth?

Replies

• Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    ok here's a question that I've been dreading the answer for after the loss of all my exta baggage is there any hope of repairing some of the damage done during a c section child birth?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I had a csection after gaining 50 pounds during preg.

In 6 months I was 105 again and my stomach was flat.

Everyone is different and your skin has different elasticity than mine, but having a csection should not keep you from a flat tummy.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    oh thank you I've been worring about that I have alot of toning to do but it's great to know I can . As for a flat stomach I can't wait I haven't had one in a long time:happy:
  • Sara31
    Sara31 Posts: 10
    Options
    My stomach went almost back to normal after my first two sections...I was still a little heavier in my tummy than before, but you couldn't tell I had a c-section. I just had my 3rd ( and last) c-section January 1st of this year, and I don't know if it will go back or not, my whole stomach looks lopsided right now! I am crossing my fingers! I think if it is your first c-section you should have no problems!
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    My stomach went almost back to normal after my first two sections...I was still a little heavier in my tummy than before, but you couldn't tell I had a c-section. I just had my 3rd ( and last) c-section January 1st of this year, and I don't know if it will go back or not, my whole stomach looks lopsided right now! I am crossing my fingers! I think if it is your first c-section you should have no problems!

I didnt have a section, but my tummy looks lopsided and cottage cheesey. ERrrrrr.... it was so worth it, but the more weight I loss the more cheesey it looks...I dont get it?!
  • callme911
    callme911 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I had a similar surgery from an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured. My stomach has not gone back to normal and that was in 2000. Granted, I could try harder to get it there, but I think it will always be noticable. However, given the circumstances, I guess they were more concerned with saving my life then the possible cosmetic problems with the surgery. It's not like it was a planned c-section, it was a OMG if we don't get you to the OR in 5 minutes, you are going to bleed to death, so maybe that has something to do with it.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 out of 4 kids by c-section, the last one was april 13/08 and my stomach is flat again, just need to tone the muscles back up so it is a 6 pack again. And i haven't even done any toning exercises at all. It will also depend on how much weight you gained while preggo i think too. I don't gain much while pregnant and don't get stretch marks either so it might have to do with the elasticity of your skin as well

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!