Feeling cold all the time?

Options
Winter has been a nightmare for me, I constantly seem to feel cold. I go to work with a body warmer, coat, jumper, t-shirt and thermal vest and I'm still cold. Even in Summer I never really be warm enough for a T-Shirt. My feet are the worst, they constantly feel like 2 blocks of ice.

Does anyone else suffer this?

Replies

• hypodonthaveme
    hypodonthaveme Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Get blood work done. Check thyroid. Hypothyroidism causes one to be cold all the time. Poor diet and anemia can as well. Some people are just naturally cold.
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You've logged less than 1300 calories for the past week, that's very low.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/477122-feeling-cold-from-not-eating-many-calories/
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,963 Member
    Options
    WHY are you leaving 700-800-1200 calories UNEATEN every day?

That explains it.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

That explains it.

OP said they are cold during the summer too. I doubt it they have been eating like that for years.

It is just poor blood circulation.OP, do you smoke or take bp or heart medication?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    i've seen many posts about people who have lost weight feeling cold. It is a common complaint..don't be alarmed that something is horribly wrong with you or it is your fault i know when i've been many pounds lighter i was cold all the time too! i don't know where it is..but someone posted great knowledge on why it happens. it is a real thing.
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »

That explains it.

OP said they are cold during the summer too. I doubt it they have been eating like that for years.

It is just poor blood circulation.OP, do you smoke or take bp or heart medication?

No i've not eaten like this for year, this only really started happening 2 years when ago when I lost 60lbs or so.
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    Options

That explains it.

Nope been the same even when at maintenance
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I had this problem once and found out I was super low on vitamins. I wasn’t getting enough nutrition. I wish I could be more specific, but I don’t remember what I was low on.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,172 Member
    Options
    Just my n = 1 experience, but when I lost weight quickly and haphazardly in college, I was cold once thin. Now that I've lost weight again 40 years later, with good nutrition and at a sensible speed, I'm not at all cold, at the same goal weight.

Is there useful information in that? I have no way of knowing. It seemed interesting, though.
  • gaby_gz1988
    gaby_gz1988 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What hypodonthaveme said. I have hypothyroidism and I am always cold..
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    Options
    Sigh. One more time. One of the mechanisms of adaptive thermogenesis is a lowering of core temperature....
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,172 Member
    Options

Not all hypothyroid people are constantly cold, though - at least not adequately treated hypothyroid people. (I'm quite severely hypothyroid, properly medicated, and warm - at any rational temp, I mean. It was below zero F here recently. That was a little cold. ;) ).

@PAV8888 has a point. It's not the only reason people are constitutionally cold, I'm sure . . . but it's in the mix.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Not all hypothyroid people are constantly cold, though - at least not adequately treated hypothyroid people. (I'm quite severely hypothyroid, properly medicated, and warm - at any rational temp, I mean. It was below zero F here recently. That was a little cold. ;) ).

@PAV8888 has a point. It's not the only reason people are constitutionally cold, I'm sure . . . but it's in the mix.

AT is, by far, not the *only* reason for feeling cold. But I do have this nagging feeling that the often discussed loss of a "layer of fat" has even less to do than AT with why people feel cold while/after losing weight...
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I'm hovering around goal weight but have been cutting cals a little this month to shave off 2-3 holiday pounds and I have been so cold. Are you under-eating?