Anyone with a Fitbit charge hr2? Need help configuring

Options
graemeward84
graemeward84 Posts: 16 Member
edited January 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi I had a charge hr and roughly 6000 steps would put my exercise on MFP as an extra 300 cals ish but now I have a charge hr2 the same number of steps is giving me an extra 600-700 cals a day, is there a way to lower this number as with more cals ‘exercised’ MFP is giving me more grams of carbs, protein, fat etc I’m allowed per day which is false.

any advice would be great?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    You get a higher calorie burn on the Charge HR whenever you're HR is elevated (100+ bpm I think).
  • graemeward84
    Options
    So how do I prevent this? My heart rate is giving me readings higher than normal and MFP is telling me to eat more than I normally should ?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    So how do I prevent this? My heart rate is giving me readings higher than normal and MFP is telling me to eat more than I normally should ?

How long have you had it? Some people find that a new Fitbit needs a few days to adjust to their individual stats.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    You should be able to turn the HRM off. Maybe turn it off until just before bed and right before a workout.
  • graemeward84
    Options
    Hi Jane, thanks I’ve only had it 2 days so hopefully it will settle down :-)