Hard times breed better men? Let's find out

Options
Hi there. Been on and off MFP for a while but never really stuck with it. I recently had major spinal surgery, then my wife cheated and left me, then appendicitis a month later. Lying in that hospital I made a choice. Old me is dead and gone. I'm going to finally get in shape. I've been overweight since I was 15. And now pushing 29, I want to feel more complete. Getting in shape is my holy grail. The impossible dream. If I can do this, I can do anything. And so can anyone else

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Wowee. You’ve had a hard run. I’m loving your attitude. Best of luck in your journey mate.
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Wow definitely some hard times there! You got it mate, add me as a friend if you like :)
  • Skippie_hoorah
    Skippie_hoorah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love your enthusiasm and the fact that you've decided to do this for yourself. Good on you! Concerning the tough times you've had, just take whatever lessons you can take from them, learn from them and let them be stepping stones for the wonderful future that lays ahead of you...Forget what's in the past,lay hold of what lies ahead...you can do this! Rooting for you!
  • melanie_005
    melanie_005 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Leave everything in the past and look forward to whats lays ahead for you. Add me if looking for a supportive friend!!