My Chix is naked...HELP!

ammient3
ammient3 Posts: 82 Member
Hi...
I'm looking for idea's, recipes or suggestion's for Chicken Breast. I don't like Mexican Food or nothing spicy nor cheese, this is for myself and my 4 year old! I like to grill so if anyone can help maybe with a marinate or sauce, I have the rest of dinner planned.... Just want a change from plain or Bar~b~Qued Chicken!!! (MY spice rack has a great selection)

Thanks in advance ...Ammie

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    We like "fried" chicken using panko bread crumbs. So good and my 2 year old loves it!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    My favourite for chicken breast is to poach it for 15-20 minutes in a good chicken stock. It's very tender and moist, mild enough flavour for children, and the leftover stock is wonderful for risotto or soup the next day.
  • I use teriyaki sauce and I always grill it.
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Costco has an Organic No-Salt Seasoning. It is DELICIOUS on chicken breast!!! just drizzle a little olive oil, and sprinkle on the seasoning bake uncovered.. Yum!
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    try marinading it in lime juice basil and poultry seasoning. then grilling it. i usually bake it and add tomatoes. but i bet it would be really yummy on the grill.
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Salsa

Jam

Grilled peaches

Bruschetta

olive tapenade

artichokes

steamed veggies

spices

olive oil + balsamic mixed

salad dressing

greek yogurt + cucumbers

hope some of that helps - we usually keep ours plainish (spices only) and then have a salad and rice or something...dress up the plate with fruits and veggies and that'll help make it look colorful overall
  • nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    I put them in foil puches with peppers, onions, broccoli, and any other veggies you like. A smidge of olive oil and then add balsamic vinegar. SEal the foil pouch up and you can grill or bake. It comes out so juicy! IT is phenomenal over brown rice. You can season the chicken with any spices you like.
  • ammient3
    On all the idea's how would I measure and count calories? on the broth, marinate or oil to fry? Or do I count it? I'm making more then 1 pc of chicken!
  • melaniecheeks
    The stock or broth isn't going to add any calories (that's one of it's joys!)

Possibly a little sodium, if you're counting that.
  • ammient3
    Thank you... I was thinking I could use the left over stock to boil potatoes and top with fresh basil:) Woo Hoo! no calories that is a joy...I don't use salt so sodium should be fine I don't keep track. thx again
  • melaniecheeks
    Oooh, potatoes cooked in stock topped with basil sounds awesome! Let me know how it turns out!
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    try marinading it in lime juice basil and poultry seasoning. then grilling it. i usually bake it and add tomatoes. but i bet it would be really yummy on the grill.

the only thing i add to the chicken in this recipe that adds calories it the tomato!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    I put them in foil puches with peppers, onions, broccoli, and any other veggies you like. A smidge of olive oil and then add balsamic vinegar. SEal the foil pouch up and you can grill or bake. It comes out so juicy! IT is phenomenal over brown rice. You can season the chicken with any spices you like.
    Sounds yum! How long does it need to bake in the oven?

TIA :flowerforyou:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    We do lots of things. Teriyaki is nice and there are many flavors. Tai Hoisin Sauce is a little bit sweet. We also like honey mustard, and even marinated in Italian dressing. You can also try citrus dressings with OJ, lime or lemon, then add seom capers for a a little zing.
  • I just grilled this chicken tonight and it was so yummy!

Marinade recipe
    Low sodium soy sauce
    Lemon juice
    Garlic herb Mrs. Dash
    Chives
    Thyme
  • skittle007
    skittle007 Posts: 1 Member
    Pineapple sauce for your naked chicken. Just made this today, it was yummy!!!
    Mix all below in a skillet. Bring to boil then simmer, the juices will reduce. It made about 18 Tablespoons total when finished. Each Tablespoon is approx. 28 cal 7 carbs 0 fat and 0 protein. Place 1 Tablespoon on top of cooked chicken.

Dole(M) - Crushed Pineapple In 100% Pineapple Juice, 1 container (2 3/10 cups ea.) 315cal. 81 carbs 0 fat 5 protein
    Lipton - Recipe Secrets - Onion Soup, Mix, Dry, 1 container (8 tbsp ea.) 160cal. 32 carbs 0 fat 0 protein
    Polaner - Sugar Free Orange Marmalade With Fiber, 2 Tablespoon 20 cal. 10 carbs 0 fat 0 protein
    Coca-Cola Company - Diet Coke - 12 Fl oz Can, 12 fl oz (355ml) 0cal 0 carbs. 0 fat 0 protein
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 495 cal 123 carbs 0 fat 5 protein
    Per Serving: 28 cal 7carbs 0 fat 0 protein
  • nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    Sounds yum! How long does it need to bake in the oven?

TIA :flowerforyou:

Depends on the size of the breast. If it's a regular boneless skinless breast then at least 40 min, try about an hour if you can wait. It's more tender that way. I sometimes cut the breast in half so it isn't so thick and then it doesn't take as long. Oh and frozen veggies work just fine. I tned to use fresh onions and peppers only because I like them in trips and I cna't find them frozen unless it's diced. But comes out great with frozen veggies oo.