P90X3 and Insanity Max 30

Options
Before Christmas I was doing Insanity Max 30 and Piyo and was happy with my figure, had got down to 25.5 inche waist and want to get back there. Of course Christmas happened and put on weight and must admit I'm not eating as healthy as I was so need to work on that too.

I had P90X3 for Christmas and tomorrow will complete week 3 of the Classic Programme. It's not giving me the same results but I am enjoying the workouts.

Now thinking of doing P90X3 and Insanity Max 30 at the same time. Has anyone else done this and what results have they had or would it be too instense.

Thank you

Replies

• 2deltacharlie
    2deltacharlie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Darn Christmas calories! lol... I got burned too after telling myself it wasn't going to happen this year.

So...Is it possible the reason you are not achieving the desired result as quickly as desired is because you are taking in a few too many calories for your activity level?

For the majority of us weight loss is primarily due to controlling calorie intake and only secondarily calorie expenditure. As always there are exceptions but a very rough guess is that my calorie deficit comes 75% from diet and 25% from exercise.

It comes down to how do you want to deal with the necessary calorie deficit. Do you want to emphasize burning more? Or eating less? Or some combination that makes sense for you?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I loved p90x3, it increased my strength and flexibility loads.

If the results you're talking about are how much weight you're losing, that's down to your calorie intake.
  • kazitykaz
    kazitykaz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Darn Christmas calories! lol... I got burned too after telling myself it wasn't going to happen this year.

So...Is it possible the reason you are not achieving the desired result as quickly as desired is because you are taking in a few too many calories for your activity level?

For the majority of us weight loss is primarily due to controlling calorie intake and only secondarily calorie expenditure. As always there are exceptions but a very rough guess is that my calorie deficit comes 75% from diet and 25% from exercise.

It comes down to how do you want to deal with the necessary calorie deficit. Do you want to emphasize burning more? Or eating less? Or some combination that makes sense for you?

Yea need to go back to counting calories as definitely over eating.
  • kazitykaz
    kazitykaz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I loved p90x3, it increased my strength and flexibility loads.

If the results you're talking about are how much weight you're losing, that's down to your calorie intake.

Think p90x3 would be great if was at goal size again but need to relose. It doesn't burn as many calories as insanity max 30.