Will my breasts shrink when I lose weight?

Options
Right now, I weigh 277.8. My goal is around 140-150. I’m a cup size D. How likely is it that my breasts will shrink? I WANT them to. I hate having big breasts.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You'll lose fat from everywhere, including your breasts. But depending on where you lose everything, your cup size may end up bigger than now (also dependent on proper sizing).
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It depends. Breasts are usually made up of ducts (actual breast tissue) and fat. If yours happen to hold significant amounts of fat they'll shrink. Mine shrank. Others don't see them shrink because it's mostly tissue with no fat.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Mine did. That was the first place I lost weight. I wasn't that big to begin with (38C) but now I'm barely a B cup.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Given the amount of weight you're trying to lose, it's probably a pretty safe assumption that they will. How much they'll shrink, on the other hand, is hard to say.
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Mine did. That was the first place I lost weight. I wasn't that big to begin with (38C) but now I'm barely a B cup.

This is exactly me except they were the last place that I lost fat from.

For the majority of my weight loss I thought I was in the clear, but nope. I lost them at the end in it seems like only the last 2 weeks before I hit maintenance. Hahaha, my husband was like, "Uh, what's happened here?! Where'd they go? I think I'd like you to gain some weight back...."

No, Sir. I will not.

I have push-up padded bras now, but I dont really mind. I even have to use push-up sports bras - if I don't I look like a 12 year old boy.
  • ms_havisham
    ms_havisham Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have gone up and down multiple times, pregnancy, illness, medications, injuries etc...and weighed anywhere between 135 and 220. My bra size has been anywhere between a 36 C and a 42 DD...with the exception of pregnancy and when my milk came in (you really don't want to know, they were gigantic. I woke up one day, looked up, and wondered why Dolly Parton's boobs were on my chest when they weren't there the night before). At one point I went from 170 and wearing a 38 D to 140 and a 34DD. I have just chalked it up to boobs being weird, and assume that whatever I end up with when I lose weight will be an interesting surprise.

I do seem to initially lose weight there first, but it doesn't seem to last very long. I will actually go up and down repeatedly through the process.

Seriously, boobs really are weird.
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yes, they will shrink, hopefully for you, not as dramatically as mine! They kind deflated really, no other way to describe it. ..
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Mine are the first thing to go. Every single time I try to lose weight (not great at maintaining). But they've always been small.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I didnt lose any of mine,I lost band size but not cup size. I had back fat so thats why I lost band size. I have whats called dense breast(they arent real fatty). thankfully I didnt lose any I could not see going any lower than a B lol
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Probably, but you might or might not lose any cup sizes, since your cup size is measured relative to your band and you'll probably lose fat both in your breasts and around your ribcage. I lost 100 pounds and went down band sizes VERY fast, but only started losing cup sizes near my goal weight. I went from a 40DDD to 32D.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Most likely I would say. It would depend a lot on genetics I would think.

I lost a ton of inches in my band size, but only a couple of cup sizes.

I just didn't want deflated boobs after weight loss, but strength training has helped me greatly with that.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I didn’t have much weight to lose, but it definitely came from my upper body first. Only 17 lbs, but I started at a 32DD, and now I am a 28DD - aka literally impossible to find a bra anywhere :s Pretty bummed because while I still have that DD tagline, a 28DD is actually pretty small. I used to really like my breasts.

But, everyone is different. Maybe you’ll lose more weight from tummy or lower body than upper body - there’s no telling.
  • wryone4
    wryone4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    For me, sadly, yes. And I didn't have a whole lot to begin with!
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much they got bigger when you gained weight; I've been a 36A from 125 pounds to almost 200 pounds, my family tends to put all our weight on below the waist.
  • c123c
    c123c Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!
  • klr1981
    klr1981 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mine are ALSO the first thing to go
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    44G to 38DD to 34G. I’m smaller than I was but not nearly as small as I’d like to be.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Mine were the first to lose weight. They were also saggier than I was expecting so I was a bit upset at first. But then I kept working out and strength training and after a while (maybe a year) they “bounced” back, so to speak, lol. Still a smaller cup just less saggy.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    2tk3jerq18ls.jpeg
  • NicoleMckenzie2017
    NicoleMckenzie2017 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different I guess! :) I've barely lost 20 pounds and can tell a significant difference in the size. Haven't gone down a cup size yet but I'm sure I'm close to it. Good luck