Options
13»

Replies

• tiffania88
    tiffania88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cush_la wrote: »
    :)
    I’ve been vegan for 8 months, have lost 40 pounds without much exercise. Even though it was an emotional decision to go vegan, I’m happy with my weight loss!
  • 1980amberc
    1980amberc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yay, herbivores!! Friend me too!
  • Cush_la
    Cush_la Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Its nearly January :o which means its gonna be Veganuary It is a pledge to try vegan living for one month (no meat, dairy, eggs, fish). This style of living is better for the environment, saves countless lives, and promotes longevity and healthy living.

https://veganuary.com
  • Cush_la
    Options
    Its nearly January :o which means its gonna be Veganuary It is a pledge to try vegan living for one month (no meat, dairy, eggs, fish). This style of living is better for the environment, saves countless lives, and promotes longevity and healthy living.

https://veganuary.com
  • Cush_la
    Options
  • Cush_la
    Options
  • hikerAaron
    hikerAaron Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm not vegetarian or vegan yet but I've committed myself to starting the transition. I've set a goal of adopting a fully vegetarian diet by February and a vegan diet starting in April. Add me if you like. I'm hoping to find vegan or vegetarian friends on here with open diaries so I can get some good ideas for food choices.
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    28 years meatless, mostly vegan but occasional dairy/egg lapses (DH is ovo-lacto-veg). I've been both thin and chubby on a plant-based-diet. On MFP for 3 years, trying to take off 10 lbs that have come back to roost during "maintenance". I'm 56.
  • cmbentley90
    cmbentley90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am Vegan, always looking to meet other vegans. Started as a Vegetarian in 2009, been Vegan about 3 years. One of my New Years resolutions in to lose weight.
  • marycp1962
    marycp1962 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I've been a vegetarian most of my adult life -- went entirely vegan six years ago when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Healthy and cancer free now -- Yahoo! -- but packed on weight during a five year course of medication to prevent recurrence. Been off the meds six months, finally had energy to start exercising regularly in the past two months or so. I have some terrific recipes and I'm always on the hunt for more!
  • Skyweigh
    Skyweigh Posts: 113 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Vegan, age 63, -- sometimes vegetarian though ---- more than 2 years (since November 17, 2015). Initially, I lost about 10 lbs over 6 months without really trying, since regained that (and more :/ )but I am re-starting now on MFP since January 2.
  • Cat3141
    Cat3141 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan about 6 years, was ovo lacto for a while before that. I'm an ethical vegan, but not preachy. Feel free to add me.
  • Cush_la
    Options
    thanks all :)<3
  • Cush_la
    Options
  • ember168
    ember168 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello! Plant based mostly vegan here!!! Im 29, I'm a fitness and health nut. So much so that i have a bachelor's in nutritional sciences and im working on my ace certification as a health coach. My family simply eats healthier. Hubby loves chicken and turkey bacon and my kids love mac and cheese and chicken hot dogs. I am looking for more vegan and plant based people to add to my friends list.
  • Emeraldreign
    Emeraldreign Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Cush_la wrote: »
    hi ya
    I am looking for people to add to my list who are, vegans or plant based eaters
    (new to it, old timers, or even people wanting to try have a vegan/plant based meal every so often )

a little bit about me
    -on my 1042 DAY STREAK... I always log!!! open diary
    -lost 63.8 kg so far ( 140.6 pounds)
    -from New Zealand
    -52 years old
    -not a vegan preacher .. hubby is a meat eater and I believe we all have a choice
    -not a gym bunny
    -love supporting new people

please feel free to add me, thanks and have a super day

thanks
    Cushla
    qihxzk5s680v.jpg

I was a vegan for a year. Not sure how I gained 33 pounds the last few months as vegan. I think it was the nuts. I was hungry all the time.