Trying again!

Options
Hey! I have been struggling with my weight for several years now but I'm definitely ready to commit to being healthier and lose about 40-50 pounds. I need some friends that can encourage me. I struggle with not knowing what to cook for the family. Any suggestions on food that actually tastes good but is still healthy?

Replies

• sueben04
    sueben04 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sue and I'm also trying again and have about 65 lbs to lose. I love to cook and can help with suggestions and motivation! Feel free to add me and we can cheer each other on!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I too struggled with my weight, for more than twenty years; I accumulated 50 excess pounds. I believed I just had to be determined, and motivated, and have the right kind of support, and get into a habit of "eating right" and exercising.

That was all lies. You can eat anything you want and lose/maintain weight, you don't have to eat anything inparticular, you don't have to exercise, you just have to eat less. If you feel deprived, you'll quit at first opportunity.
  • BatmansGrl13
    BatmansGrl13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have a Pinterest account, but I usually search healthy along with whatever ingredient I'm using (chicken, turkey, beef, etc). And if you eat foods that are good for you in correct portions, you aren't going to deprive yourself. And fun food (chocolate!!) in moderation. :) Don't forget to leave room for a little fun!
  • lesliemcmillian6
    lesliemcmillian6 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the motivation. I need it.