Is this right??????

Options
I am making my lunch for tomorrow, what I thought would be plenty of food and it's saying I only have like 300-something calories. My dinner is about 350, so I know I need to eat more calories than that, but can anyone look at my food diary and tell me if this is right, because that just sounds CRAZY! It's the food diary for Monday.

Replies

• SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Looked at your log & it is true that fruit doesn't have a lot of calories, nor do veggies. I would suggest more protein. :-D
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    something doesn't seem right. were those foods already existing in the database or did you add them? the calories seem suspiciously low. i would double check everything. maybe cross-reference with this site http://nutritiondata.self.com/
  • cameralinds
    Options
    Your diary needs more protein. You're eating mostly "negative calorie" foods in the first place. The protein levels MFP recommends is even low, I feel like. That's clearly not enough food.
  • cardioqueen82
    cardioqueen82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I added 1/4 cup diced chicken and 1 hard-boiled egg to my lunch (my salad) and an applesauce to my snack, then my dinner is this Smart Ones Sesame Chicken that you make in a bag.
  • powerthree
    Options
    The calories for the crab look a little low from most of the ones in the data base it seams like for every 1/2 cup there is 90 calories so unless you only put 1/8 cup of crab you are a little light there. I always try to avoid picking a portion size that says container if you arrow down on it there sometimes will be a second coice by cups, oz, tablespoons... I always chose the generic if the actual brand does not seam right.
  • cardioqueen82
    Options
    Okay, so I added a hard-boiled egg to my lunch, an applesauce to my afternoon snack, and then dinner (Sesame Chicken), and I have enough calories left over that I can either have a bowl of cereal (230 calories) or a Snack-Pack (120 calories) for a late snack, if I want one, and I still have like 300 calories left to spare, but that's good, I guess, because I have been over-eating BIG time the last week. How does that work? I know you're not supposed to eat too few calories but how does it work? I mean, like I overate (probably DOUBLE what I should have had) last week, so this week if I'm under a couple hundred each day (not saying that's going to happen, but just asking a general question) does it cancel each other out, or is it like if you don't eat at least 1200 calories EVERY DAY you're going to have a hard time losing weight? I'm confused! Please help!
  • cardioqueen82
    Options
    PowerThree: On this one I think it's right, just because the package is 80 calories, and there's 4 pieces in there, so I figured 1 piece would be 20 calories? Does that sound right? This is what I am eating (it's only $1 at Dillon's right now, cool!) -

http://www.trans-ocean.com/seafood-snackers.html