Weight loss supplements

Options
I think they would be called supplements.
My Dr. Prescribed me phentermine and diethylproprion. I'm counting my calories. I'm doing little to light exercise. Only because i have chronic pain from a couple auto immune diseases. But I'm steadily losing the last couple of weeks so I'm pleased.
I only just started taking the supplements. So i couldn't tell you how well they work yet. But wondered if any of you have tried them and what your results were/ are.

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Your doctor would have reasons why he prescribed them, but you really don't need supplements for weight loss. Actually, a quick Google search shows they're both appetite suppressants, which you won't need if you have the will power to monitor and control your own eating. Less Calories In, and more Calories Out should create the Calorie Deficit that's needed for you to lose weight.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Is this the one that made someone *kitten* all over their partner in bed?
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    id find a new doc if she told me to take a pill to lose weight.

Must be a US thing.....pretty sure doctors in the uk don't prescribe speed for weight loss. Best I got was an offer of 12 weeks of w.w

I would be suing said doctor though if they claimed it was a "supplement" instead of a potentially dangerous drug

In the UK they had a weight loss pill that was recalled due to the alarming upswing in suicidal thoughts in patients
    They then swapped to the oh so fun orlistat that makes you frat out molten lava orange diaoreah

Ahhh fun times, just 2 of the treatments my gp insisted I needed back when I was a lot younger, the last suggestion of theirs I listened to was when they insisted I needed to be on a vlcd, that was a fun 4 months followed by 6 months of feeling like *kitten* on a stick while the gp tried to correct deficiencies and treat the chest infection that wouldn't leave my lungs alone

When they try to give me advice now I just nod smile and do my own thing
  • cipiripi30
    cipiripi30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    woozle7493 wrote: »
    Been on them for 5 days. Working, as far as i can tell. I'm still eating so i see no problem. No adverse side effects that i can see. Calories are restricted, so I'm losing weight. I'm not real worried about the appetite returning.

• Kelkat405
    Kelkat405 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Phentermine is no joke. You’ll be running around like never before. Your house will be cleaner than it was brand new. I have taken this before. You never get hungry. They scared me so I stopped. It’s like you are on cocaine or something.
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Still going. Weight loss has evened out. It gives me a boost of energy. I'm busy doing things, ado it just helps a bit. I'm still eating so I'm getting my calories.
  • Stacyines
    Stacyines Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I actually took prescribed Phentramine for over a year. Please, PLEASE- monitor your side effects and be under constant watch by your doctor. This is a powerful drug NOT supplement.

It’s more than dry mouth, it’s like 6 cups of coffee at once. Gradually take these pills if you deem it necessary on certain days. Your body will become tolerant and you’ll need to increase your intake. That’s only a portion of the negative impact of it. Insomnia, jitters, high blood pressure, anxiety, etc.

Take half the pill before 12pm if you need to. Make sure you don’t take an entire pill after 2pm or I can assure you that you will have sleeping issues.
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have been sleeping alright. I take one pull in the morning. Then the other one before lunch. Thats it.