Very personal calorie burn question....

Options
Ok, so without being graphic, I have an honest exercise question. I know intimacy burns calories, but I don't know what to put that in under. I was thinking aerobics, but I'm not sure. Just wondering if anyone had the same curiosity or an answer. Thanks!!!

Replies

• Wibikerlady
    Wibikerlady Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

This will help...I had the same question and entered in the info, did a search for sex and there it was!! LOL With different levels of it none the less! Thats how I found out how many cals I burn with riding my motorcycle...
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I don't log that. I counted it in my "daily activity level," even though it's not necessarily a daily thing. You can just call it a bonus.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    wrestling :tongue:

really, the burn isn't as big as you think it is... probably best to consider it a bonus.
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't log sex. You have to be pretty fricking vigorous for a good long time to burn a lot of calories, so I don't count those, just like I don't count the calories i know I burn, when I take 5000+ steps a day at work! :-)
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'd say aerobics...just be fair warned if you put it in as "it's own" exercise it will report "what" it is...But I did look it's like 100 calories min for every 15-20 mins...:blushing:
  • csmith4567
    csmith4567 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/features/10-surprising-health-benefits-of-sex

according to this ... about 85 calories per half hour ...

You are the second person in the last 24 hours to bring this up. Hmmm, perhaps, MFP needs to add this to their exercise list. :D
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Just make your own!! I wish intimacy was a regular thing for me.. I take it as a bonus if it happens....
  • katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    I would just count these as calories burned from normal activity, unless you have listed yourself as "sedentary."
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Bump for future reference! :-D
  • bkweibel
    bkweibel Posts: 77
    Options
    I found a calorie burn website, but there isn't a way to plug in exercise without giving it a name. Glad to see others have had the same thoughts though!! LOL LOL LOL
  • Blessed917
    Blessed917 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    haha we just had this same conversation. It doesn't really burn that many calories but hey every little helps. One of my friends said moderate fun excerise, I said rumba and another friend said grown folks calories. LOL you can call it anything you want. I will probably change it everyday to something different.
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think logging sex calories burned are as ridiculous as counting house cleaning as exercise calories burned. I mean... come on! These are activities of daily living.
  • iasue
    iasue Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wibiker - do you log your motorcycle riding as extra activity? I have been on the fence about whether to log this in as exercise or not, as I have found conflicting arguments for and against it. Personally I do think I burn some additional calories, especially when maneuvering the bike while not running for instance in parking spots. I know I'm toning my arms for sure if nothing else.
  • bkweibel
    bkweibel Posts: 77
    Options
    LOL LOL LOL I wish it was a part of my every activity!!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think logging sex calories burned are as ridiculous as counting house cleaning as exercise calories burned. I mean... come on! These are activities of daily living.

Agreed, those are part of your lifestyle, and should already be a factor in your normal daily calorie allowance.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I count it as normal daily activity. I mean I was having sex before I jumped on this healthy lifestyle bandwagon and I am having sex just as regularly now... so if it didn't help me lose the weight before why whould I log it now??? Same thing for daily chores like cleaining, walking the dogs, mowing the lawn, etc. I did all these activities before I started counting calories and before I started to live a healthier lifestyle, so I don't count them. They are normal activity.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I would never log that...nor do I log anything that I do that's "activity" such as housework, walking during shopping etc.

Although....one time my BF made a comment that I barely broke a sweat...>I've got good cardio now!! LMAO
  • Wibikerlady
    Wibikerlady Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wibiker - do you log your motorcycle riding as extra activity? I have been on the fence about whether to log this in as exercise or not, as I have found conflicting arguments for and against it. Personally I do think I burn some additional calories, especially when maneuvering the bike while not running for instance in parking spots. I know I'm toning my arms for sure if nothing else.

iasue: I did while I was on Weight Watchers so I just keep doing it now...Granted, everyday I am so below my calorie intake needed, it doesn't really matter, but yeah, I look at it like this...*REALLY?? I BURN CALORIES SITTING ON MY *kitten* RELAXING AND ENJOYING LIFE??? REALLY??!!!* LOLOLOL OKAY!!! If they say so!! LOLOL AHHHHHHHH AHAHAHA
    I'm pretty good at keeping myself in check so it isnt a biggie for me.. I mean I was on the bike 2hrs yesterday for 550cals?? Really?? I did however log those and kept em cuz I had my kid on the bike and she likes to lean so Im fighting her a lot so I earned those!! LOL
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    ive never logged it cause i have family and some friends that i dont really think want to know about my sex life but i wonder if something close to it would be like hula hooping or maybe dancing but i think there is an option to add your own workout because someone on my list often has things like " dry humping " or " naked jumping jacks " etc.... lol
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    wrestling :tongue:

really, the burn isn't as big as you think it is... probably best to consider it a bonus.

I agree with this...I was having it when I got fat so I don't log it....