Lack of support??

anyone else experiencing this??

for example....its my husbands weekend to pick up groceries....he asked what I wanted for dinner and I asked for lean steak, zuchini, carrots, peppers and onions. I worked out my daily calories for the day and I had enough left over for a small cupcake!! YAY SUNDAY!!!

He gets home tonight and hands me mcdonalds!!!!!!!!!! WTF???? He says sorry....it was a long day and I didn't want to go to the grocery store!

okay rant over...

Replies

• Bellum24
    Bellum24 Posts: 106 Member
    Oh man I totally understand, my man will encourage me to work out and eat healthy but doesn't want to grocery shop. Sorry for your crappy food day.
    Express to him how you feel, it may help
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Oh that's not cool. I understand hard days and even long days, but for him to give you something that's completely wrong for what you're doing isn't very nice. Maybe he doesn't understand the importance of what you're doing? Maybe he should go grocery shopping WITH you so that he can see how it's done.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    haha, sounds like my husband! he'll make a box of PASTA yummm :( or like mac and cheese and eat brownies or candy bars and wont cook anything healthy, but will offer me the pasta and such!
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    i also think it depends on the man and how lazy he is... which is ALOT of men!
  • ladyerin79
    ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
    I think you should just talk to him and tell him how you feel. Communication is everything. If he doesn't seem supportive of your healthy changes, then maybe you should go to the store and buy the things you need for yourself. You can't blame him for those bad choices if you know how he is already... You should be responsible for your own eating!
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    First of all, I'm sorry you have so little support from your man...Secondly, I hope you didn't give in to temptation and eat it...Put it in the fridge and inform him that that is his lunch for tomorrow...Then, stay true to YOURSELF and grab something healthy and worth putting in your body...Good luck on your journey... :flowerforyou:
  • I know this idea will suck but you just may have to take over the shopping and cooking that way you alone are responsible for the outcome!!! Once he starts to see how serious you are then he may start taking more care into what he choses for you Mcdonalds is not all bad if you chose the right things. The other option is to try and teach him what things you can eat with out sobotaging your diet from each of the fast food places he would likely stop at. My hubby carries a cheat sheet of what to get for me ex hamburger (small) and a side salad
  • jschm947
    jschm947 Posts: 84 Member
    That is hard but if you can take the control into your own hands. I do a lot of double grocery shopping for myself/children and my husband. I dont mind at all and since I've been doing it a while...he's been doing the same if I give a specific enough list. :) Another idea.... ask him to call if he changes the plan so you can have control of at least what your order! Hope tomorrows better!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    oh yeah. why is it that those who love us the most are the fastest to sabotage us?

talk to him, he might not realize that he's doing it. and let him know "it's ok that you had a hard day, but could you plz remember that i'm trying to make these changes and get me a grilled chicken salad when that happens?" remember to stroke the ego and he'll actually listen.
  • slimmer189
    slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
    Totally agree, sometimes it is those that love us the most that sabatoge us.
  • PST0622
    PST0622 Posts: 115
    Ha! Ha! I remember once asking my husband to fix chicken and vegetables for dinner. I got up to chicken and dumplings with mashed potatoes and biscuits (like the dumplings were not enough!) :noway: Then he told me I had not been "specific enough"!!! :mad: Although I could have killed him...I have to admit, they were delicious!!!!! (Had to go to the gym, but hey....):blushing:
  • Twasney
    Twasney Posts: 186 Member
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

I did talk to him and he understood. He really needs to lose weight too and we have been working hard on that one!

He, just like me has bad days too and I shouldn't have been so hard on him! I should have just gotten off my butt and done the shopping myself.

It did spark a great conversation for us about getting a joint account for household expenditures!