Do you log "cheat days"?

124»

Replies

• netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    edited January 2018
    I call them my "maintenance" days and it depends... If i'm out all day I'm probably not gonna log it the next day... but - even if I don't log it I try and measure/estimate things throughout the day to make sure I don't go significantly over

If I see a missing entry in my diary I basically know it was a "oh, probably ate around 1700-2000 because I was genuinely hungry/it was a special occasion" day, not a "didn't care and ate whatever" day
    Also I hate guessing if it's a meal at a restaurant, with no calorie information on the menu
  • creatureofchaos
    creatureofchaos Posts: 65 Member
    Also I hate guessing if it's a meal at a restaurant, with no calorie information on the menu
    ^ This. Unless I want my dining out to be Applebee’s for the rest of my life, I’m kidding myself by logging those meals. Oh, I can put something in for “roasted half chicken with spaetzle and crunchy salad” or a chocolate pot de crepe with confit lemon - but I am kidding myself, hardcore, if I think it’s any better than generating a random number for the day between 1500 and 2500 calories.
  • wryone4
    wryone4 Posts: 118 Member
    I try to log everything and I build in "fun" foods into my everyday diet, so I don't schedule cheat days. If I have a day when I want to just really enjoy a meal with friends or family, I do. I log it, I recognize it was an off day, I don't make it a habit, and I move on. This isn't a diet. This is a lifestyle. Some days it is easy to be sensible, some days it is not. You log it, acknowledge it, and move on.
  • azkabanned
    azkabanned Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yes. I log everything even though it makes my diary look real ugly with an ugly red -700. I don’t have any “cheat days” I just have days where the devil calls to me.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    I log everything even if I chance going over.
    "To thy ownself be true"
  • mbminx
    mbminx Posts: 21 Member
    I just did. I'm embarrassed...but it was delicious. But it's a good reminder why I can't afford to eat like that on a regular basis anymore.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Log it, you might see you weren't as bad as you thought!
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Nope! I do not log cheat days. Those are parties, birthdays, holidays and I do not want to mess with figuring out every single thing I eat. I mean, I will do it occasionally, but mostly I just want to enjoy my family/friend time without all the hassle.
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    And what is a cheat day? I really and honestly don't understand what people really means by that because, in my opinion and according with the definition of "cheat," it doesn't apply to a diet.

1) to deprive of something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud

2) to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice [/quote]

I do occasional 'cheat days' or 'cheat meals'. For me, these are the rare day that I am celebrating something special with family and friends. I'm maybe having two or three drinks, we are eating stuff that would take a massive amount of time to try and figure out. People do whatever works best for them. There are certainly times when I simply want to relax and enjoy myself without all the hassle of dissecting it. I'm simply not that obsessive. If it works for others to absolutely NEVER eat something that is off the diet plan, more power to them. I allow myself an occasional day when I am off the clock, so to speak. It doesn't make a lot of difference in the long-run. I can make up for it with more exercise or cutting back for the next few days.

• mordant57
    mordant57 Posts: 58 Member
    I don't take specific "cheat days" but occasionally yeah I have a crappy meal, or know I'm going to be out and enjoying myself. I log what I can those days, but I'm not going to sit and stress over a restaurant meal if I can't figure it out. It's one day, and I get back on track the next day.