Need to quit Starbucks!

Options
13»

Replies

• ALNIBY
    ALNIBY Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a bad Starbucks habit too, which I'm also trying to break. Feel free to add me -- we can motivate each other to not drink Starbucks! :smile:
  • NoxeemaJackson
    NoxeemaJackson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Google starbucks drinks that you can make at home!
    And get yourself a great thermal cup that looks cool to keep it in!
    You can even use a Starbucks thermal cup.
    I don't know...I really don't like "one time" things, like take-out cups, so making my fancy coffee drinks at home and bringing it in my re-useable cup (it's super cute, has my name engraved on it, it was a gift to me from a volunteer organization I work with) makes me feel pretty special.
  • frizzipunk
    frizzipunk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Deleting the app from my phone has been the best tool so far. And making my own, ensuring it’s cold enough. Not using the app when there’s no money left doesn’t work because it’s so easy to reload. I did have a mishap one morning though...
  • loosinit2018
    loosinit2018 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I usually get the most fattening drink there but today I went and got a skinny vanilla latte with almond milk .. loved it and it was ALLOT less calories.
    I wish it was just for the experience .. but I love the drinks. Going to be making my own though ... cheaper and that way I control what's put in it for sure. This eating and drinking healthy is today new for me but I'm excited with the possibilities of a new way of living .
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Suggest replacing it with something that lacks the calories but feels equally unnecessary and decadent. Manicures, new jewelry, etc. As for the drink, consider replacing the syrup with sugar free and the milk with skim. It might take a bit of getting used to, but you'll adjust and even prefer it after a whie.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way about getting fancy coffee and strolling into work. I get that same pleasure now bringing in my own coffee with a cute insulated tumbler that I got from Etsy with my name on it. People always compliment my cup and im saving a ton of money
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    OP, I get it. Before I got serious about losing and maintaining my weight, I would frequently pass through the drive through for fast food breakfast, or for a snack on the way home, some days both. When I tried to stop doing it, I'd be successful for a few days, but then some perturbation - a bad day, a hunger pang, whatever - I'd be back.

I stopped doing this when I got serious about sticking to my calorie budget. Road burgers and bagel sandwiches blew most of my calories for the day. I now find that I don't miss them all that much.

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Also, there's this. Don't be this person:
    p7bccnkd93l2.jpeg
  • jmredinger
    jmredinger Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Not to beat a dead horse, but make coffee at home. I personally don’t like black coffee, so I add a little bit of vanilla almond milk and like a tablespoon of a torani syrup of my choosing and BAM it gives you a sweet taste similar to Starbucks without all the calories and money. Definitely look into the syrups though, I would highly recommend. They have so many flavors. I even have a $12 frother from amazon that just spins my milk to create a frothy like latte.