Weighing food

Options
I just started weighing my food and noticed that I was eating very large portions before. Has anyone experienced an increase in weight loss once they started weighing their food?

Replies

• ms_havisham
    ms_havisham Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    On the flip side, I was surprised at the portions that were actually larger than I expected when I weighed them. Some of the veggies, lunchmeat, etc.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    On the flip side, I was surprised at the portions that were actually larger than I expected when I weighed them. Some of the veggies, lunchmeat, etc.

I had this experience as well. I managed to lose weight without the food scale, but it definitely has been easier with it.
  • rachelpauline93
    rachelpauline93 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! My vegetable portions became larger and my condiments (mayo, sour cream, dressing) became a lot smaller. I am surprised by how much chicken I get to eat though! I started losing weight more regularly after I bought a scale.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I was seriously over eating on the carbs and meat ... 3times the amount of fries .. twice the amount of meat

But

I was eating half the amount of ice cream ... so it’s sad I now only have a handful of fries and not a plate ... but happy times I now have doubled my ice cream intake
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    janedaly56 wrote: »
    Yep I’m going to get some Kitchen scales because my portions are holding me back! Also no eating after 7 at night !!!

If you are prone to mindless snacking after 7:00 pm, or find that a narrow eating window helps you keep to your deficit, then more power to you. However there is nothing magical about eating in the evening that causes anyone to gain weight. If you are someone who likes to snack after dinner, you may have more luck finding a low cal alternative rather than trying to not eat at all.