Fitness Goals?

Options

Replies

• rckeeper22
    rckeeper22 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'd like to run a 21 minute 5k, get to 20 pull-ups, squat 1.5x my body weight (so about 218 lbs), and bench my body weight (145 lbs). I need to figure out where I'm at for deadlift to figure out what a reasonable goal would be for that as well.

I realize MFP is more diet (as in, what you eat) focused and geared towards weight as a measurement- but it would be great if one day they added features to track fitness related goals that aren't related to one's weight (not that it's very difficult to track on your own, but still, it'd be cool).
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    rckeeper22 wrote: »
    I'd like to run a 21 minute 5k, get to 20 pull-ups, squat 1.5x my body weight (so about 218 lbs), and bench my body weight (145 lbs). I need to figure out where I'm at for deadlift to figure out what a reasonable goal would be for that as well.

I realize MFP is more diet (as in, what you eat) focused and geared towards weight as a measurement- but it would be great if one day they added features to track fitness related goals that aren't related to one's weight (not that it's very difficult to track on your own, but still, it'd be cool).

I just downloaded an app called fitnotes that can track your lifts for you.
  • rckeeper22
    Options
    @BeccaLoves2lift
    Cool! I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options

Those are some great (and contradictory) goals. Being strong and running a fast 5k together are really tough. I ran my fastest 5k (21:50) at 114#. I'm currently 138 (bulking) and can squat 198, bench 122, and DL 227, but my 5k time is closer to 24. Best of luck to you and I hope you can do it all!
  • rckeeper22
    Options

Those are some great (and contradictory) goals. Being strong and running a fast 5k together are really tough. I ran my fastest 5k (21:50) at 114#. I'm currently 138 (bulking) and can squat 198, bench 122, and DL 227, but my 5k time is closer to 24. Best of luck to you and I hope you can do it all!

Thanks, and those are some impressive numbers

! I know it's contradictory, but my job requires me to run as part of an annual fitness test, and 21 minutes would 'max' the event for me - so, may as well push myself for it. My fastest was 21:13 at a similar weight to what I am now, but that was several years ago. I'm getting back into the running rhythm recently, at about an 8:00/mile pace now, so I think it's feasible if I can stay consistent. It'll be a balancing act, but I'll see what happens. :-)

I need to get my 1RM in those lifts to really determine where I'm at, but from recent working sets, I'd say I'm probably close to a 190 squat, at least 100 bench (did 4x8 reps with 40 lb DBs, so I figure add at least 20 with a bar for 1 rep), and 14 pull-ups.

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    2x body weight squats
    2.5 body weight deadlifts
    1.5 body weight bench
    Run a marathon (in 2019)
  • rckeeper22
    Options
    2x body weight squats
    2.5 body weight deadlifts
    1.5 body weight bench
    Run a marathon (in 2019)

Hell yeah!
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options

Thanks, and those are some impressive numbers

! I know it's contradictory, but my job requires me to run as part of an annual fitness test, and 21 minutes would 'max' the event for me - so, may as well push myself for it. My fastest was 21:13 at a similar weight to what I am now, but that was several years ago. I'm getting back into the running rhythm recently, at about an 8:00/mile pace now, so I think it's feasible if I can stay consistent. It'll be a balancing act, but I'll see what happens. :-)

I need to get my 1RM in those lifts to really determine where I'm at, but from recent working sets, I'd say I'm probably close to a 190 squat, at least 100 bench (did 4x8 reps with 40 lb DBs, so I figure add at least 20 with a bar for 1 rep), and 14 pull-ups.

I think you just might be determined enough to do it!
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I want my little area of stubborn lower belly fat to get the f* out. And I want to be strong.

Omg, that area is such a struggle! Standing up I'm flat and then I sit down looking like a kangaroo pouch
  • azkabanned
    azkabanned Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just more strength, flexibility, and less pain. I can’t even do a full sit-up or push-up right now. Nor can I hold a plank for 15 secs. Maybe if I had a stronger core and less tight hamstrings my back wouldn’t be achy at the ripe old age of 25.
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I have PR numbers in my head for DL’s and Squat’s I want to crush...but I also want to be diligent about tightening up my diet and making sure I am getting adequate protein to supplement my goals. I really want boulder shoulders :# so pushing for that as well.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    goals:
    215 squat/150 bench/285 DL
    current:
    210/140/270

I also need to cut after Feb 3rd...and bulk...and cut again.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

Those numbers are all above average, but none of them are particularly "elite" numbers, and seem to be pretty attainable.

The hardest one is probably the pullups.
  • nadean1980
    nadean1980 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose weight and get into a workout routine. I started my journey January 7th and have lost 5 pounds so far. I decided to incorporate exercise the week before last, did good but last week I did not workout at all so I need to make it a habit.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    As for my fitness goals, what I'm doing to accomplish them is pretty specific, but the goals themselves are arbitrary:

1) Get my cardio endurance up to being able to complete 22-25 laps (depending on track) at "race pace" without becoming winded or losing focus.
    2) Be strong enough and develop the muscle endurance that I don't run out of "power" to turn/handle the bike as pace increases.
    3) Lower body and core strength and endurance so I'm not falling into using my upper body when I shouldn't be.

Weight wise? Just lose the extra fat - eventually anyways. Since I'm so focused on the above, I've decided to just do my best to quite worrying too much about the fat. As long as I'm tracking accurately, and my measurements are moving in the right directions, trying to quite worrying about the scale so much as long as there's not a big upwards trend.
  • ZQGainz
    ZQGainz Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    These are all great goals!
  • spartan_d
    spartan_d Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    To be as swift as the coursing river.
  • ZQGainz
    ZQGainz Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    spartan_d wrote: »