Why eating too little calories is a bad idea.....

Options

Replies

• newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Congrats on sticky- dom @tinkerbellang83
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    ^
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • gerbradaisy44
    gerbradaisy44 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    So help me out guys. I'm 5 foot 5 inches 170lb. I get to eat 1300 a day. I have my fitbit hooked up and I usually will get 100 to 300 calories more to eat a day. I always eat my calories back. I am still feeling hungrey. What am I doing wrong. Look at my diary please.
  • Ekoth1017
    Ekoth1017 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    :star::star::star::star:
  • okborednow
    okborednow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So help me out guys. I'm 5 foot 5 inches 170lb. I get to eat 1300 a day. I have my fitbit hooked up and I usually will get 100 to 300 calories more to eat a day. I always eat my calories back. I am still feeling hungrey. What am I doing wrong. Look at my diary please.

You also need to consider if you're reading your body's signals correctly. Mine are completely messed up after years of overeating. Two culprits that are often misdiagnosed as hunger are thirst and sugar withdrawal. So for the thirst one try a big glass of water and see if you still feel hungry after. In terms of sugar withdrawal I think it's just a case of riding it out and your body will get used to the new sugar levels.
  • Jacquilda
    Jacquilda Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks heybales!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Bump
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Bump. Good info. Thanks, @tinkerbellang83.
  • chantellecalgary
    chantellecalgary Posts: 8 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I used MFP before and trying it again but I find it very hard to meet the calorie requirement when eating healthy because I get full pretty quickly with meals or snacks .. suggestions?
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I used MFP before and trying it again but I find it very hard to meet the calorie requirement when eating healthy because I get full pretty quickly with meals or snacks .. suggestions?

Eat high caloric liquids (ex: Fruit juice, chocolate milk)...don't be affraid of putting more olive oil in salads...make sure to weigh it so that you don't go overboard either, olive oil has a lot of calories. Peanut Butter and dried fruits have high calories for low volume.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

Consider how you want to eat for the rest of your life... do you plan on *exclusively* eating "healthy" foods (whatever you're calling that) for the rest of your life? Learn how to incorporate the foods you enjoy during the weight loss process and it will be good practice and help you meet your calorie goal. :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Bump
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Bump