T25 Gamma vs. P90X3 lean/mass

Options
Searched all over and couldn't find anyone comparing these specific programs. Background: When I first started I only did one workout which was the T25 Beta Total Body Circuit along with running 60 flights of stairs so I completely skipped Alpha. Then I started doing strictly Gamma (all workouts) and eliminated the stairs. Last month I started incorporating 10 minutes of the T25 Alpha Ab intervals (Monday and Wednesdays) and Insane Abs (Tuesday and Thursday) after my Gamma workouts. On Fridays I return to the T25 Beta Total Body Circuit and rest on the weekends.

Now I have p90X3 and wish to skip classic. How does T25Gamma compare to p90x3 lean/mass. I would like to build muscle and lean out. T25 Gamma does a great job of this but I'm just trying to see if p90X3 lean/mass is better in that regard.

Replies

• legendary523
    legendary523 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    No one?
  • legendary523
    Options
    Bump, looking for some help please.
  • legendary523
    Options
    I'm not interested in body beast, just T25 gamma and p90X3 lean and mass.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I liked p90x3, I definitely increased my strength and flexibility over the 90 days.

I presume the mass schedule includes the least cardio, but i agree that you want a progressive overload programme for the best chance of building muscle.

Building muscle and getting lean at the same time is more difficult than you think, you might want to look at the recomp thread.
  • legendary523
    Options
    I've done 3 of the p90x3 workouts so far and only 1 involved weights which is not what I want. I want all or the majority of my workouts to involve a combo of weights and cardio. Is there a certain week I need to be on to get this? I'm on week 1.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I've done 3 of the p90x3 workouts so far and only 1 involved weights which is not what I want. I want all or the majority of my workouts to involve a combo of weights and cardio. Is there a certain week I need to be on to get this? I'm on week 1.

Week one on which schedule? Classic?
  • legendary523
    Options

I’m on Lean.

• TavistockToad
    edited January 2018
    Options

I’m on Lean.

Which will make you get more lean (in theory) so it'll be cardio based to burn more calories...
  • legendary523
    Options
    I thought mixing cardio and weights was the best way to get lean. If cardio is the best way to get lean then wouldn't that mean T25 is better as it involves more cardio? So confused :/
  • legendary523
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Bump. Should I be doing a hybrid of p90x3 and gamma? I don't feel like I'm burning as many calories on p90x3 and I'm certainly not as tired. I looked up the average number of calories burned for T 25 vs. p90x3 and it looks like T25 burns about 90 more calories than p90x3. I've looked up a p90x3 T25 gamma elite calendar which looks to be better. Has anyone done this one? It's the one from Sweet Life Fitness.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Getting lean is just losing more fat. Losing fat is done with a calorie deficit.

Eat adequate protein and do resistance/strength training to retain muscle.

How you do that is up to you.

Pick a programme, see it through.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Avoid anything from Shaun T. Half of his workouts are hokey dance style workouts, kind of like this generation's Richard Simmons. The other half of his workouts are an injury waiting to happen, or just the same thing from DVD to DVD that it makes you wonder why there are some many DVD's to his workouts.

Tony Horton, although rather corny in his delivery, puts up some great workouts.