Frustrated!!!!

Options
My man and I are doing this together, obviously we have different calorie goals so I can't eat like him. We both have a goal of 40 pounds to lose.
I hate the scale but he insisted we buy one.
About me:
I am 37/female with no health concerns and other than my weight am in very good shape. I am a landscaper and in our down season not working nearly like we do during the summer.
I have been tracking my calories for two weeks and have only lost one pound.......
I have shared two sodas with him in two weeks and have significantly cut my sugar intake from my norm (even cutting my coffee sugar in half from before starting the plan)
Fast food sucks but sometimes is all I can do when at work- salads at work a no go since no bathroom just in case.
We have started walking almost daily and if not walking it's because we worked hard that day and I'm pooped. Thought I was doing good but I'm stumped as to why the scale has barely moved!!!!
I don't feel like I am retaining water and am about to start my dot so maybe some water weight is there, but I feel I should see more change.
I am trying to eat my calorie deficit but may be burning a little more than I log because I have not found an accurate way of keeping track with what I do at work.
Someone please tell me what I am doing wrong!!! Thank you

Replies

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    My man and I are doing this together, obviously we have different calorie goals so I can't eat like him. We both have a goal of 40 pounds to lose.
    I hate the scale but he insisted we buy one.
    About me:
    I am 37/female with no health concerns and other than my weight am in very good shape. I am a landscaper and in our down season not working nearly like we do during the summer.
    I have been tracking my calories for two weeks and have only lost one pound.......
    I have shared two sodas with him in two weeks and have significantly cut my sugar intake from my norm (even cutting my coffee sugar in half from before starting the plan)
    Fast food sucks but sometimes is all I can do when at work- salads at work a no go since no bathroom just in case.
    We have started walking almost daily and if not walking it's because we worked hard that day and I'm pooped. Thought I was doing good but I'm stumped as to why the scale has barely moved!!!!
    I don't feel like I am retaining water and am about to start my dot so maybe some water weight is there, but I feel I should see more change.
    I am trying to eat my calorie deficit but may be burning a little more than I log because I have not found an accurate way of keeping track with what I do at work.
    Someone please tell me what I am doing wrong!!! Thank you

Being impatient. Give it time and keep consistent on your plan. That is how you reach your goals.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    are you weighing every morsel that you put in your gob?
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    You’re losing a half-pound per week. That’s a real loss. Keep it up!
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing. You're seeing a loss, I know it's not what you expected but it's still a loss. Give it some more time. In the meantime if you don't own a food scale, buy one. Are you logging everything you eat? Log everything you eat so you have some data to look at when you're confused by what you see on the scale.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Like others said, two weeks isn't enough time to determine if what you're doing isn't working. And yes, your period is most likely masking your loss as your body is holding onto more water weight now (thanks, hormones!).
  • sophiangst
    sophiangst Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I sympathize. I have a 65 day streak and have kept on track for 1400 calories with the exception of christmas and new years. I haven't lost anything, and run about 9 miles a week.
  • fancypantsbourgeois31
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses!!!
    Yes I am logging all my food and weighing everything that goes into my gob......
    I do appreciate all the help
    Good luck and many blessings!
    Jb