January 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• mamabear10717
    mamabear10717 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @Stoshew71 will there be a new challenge for February 2018?!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

Yes, soon. When it is up it will be linked in this thread.
  • mamabear10717
    Options

Fab! Thank you @PastorVincent will it be easy to find? The initial thread says you have miss 50 posts in a day! Ha
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

Fab! Thank you @PastorVincent will it be easy to find? The initial thread says you have miss 50 posts in a day! Ha

It will be called:
    February 2018 Running Challenge

And there will be a link in this thread to it. Most people seem to find it pretty easiliy
  • mamabear10717
    Options
    @PastorVincent thank you!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Somehow I missed it. When did Strava start reporting mileage decimals to the hundredths place?
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @starflight Temperature is relative to your " Normal Avg Temp" -13C for me is cool, its only 2 layers plus a wind shell. My Sunday 4 Feb Chilly Willy Event promises to live up to it's name. The forecast A mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of flurries. High -18C. Clear. Low -20C. 3 layers plus ???

It will be called:
    February 2018 Running Challenge

And there will be a link in this thread to it. Most people seem to find it pretty easiliy

@mamabear10717 and if you miss it we will - in good humor - redirect you to the new thread.
    Of course there's always the challenge to see who gets to post first in the new month - a little clickbait there

@MNLittleFinn I didn't notice when Strava made the change but they probably had people complaining about accuracy.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Somehow I missed it. When did Strava start reporting mileage decimals to the hundredths place?

I didn't even notice until you mentioned it, but considering the accuracy of the GPS units and the pinging frequency, it's a bit silly to carry out that far. I guess it gives the *perception* of greater accuracy.

@rheddmobile those heatmap traces you see in areas that you never see runners and wouldn't' expect the walkers you see to use Strava might very well be from folks in cars who forgot to stop their watches. The heatmap shows tracks on interstates from people driving with their watches tracking but it looks like it's more the bikers than the runners.

@HonuNui sorry to hear about your spill, it looks like that will sting! Congrats on the great race though!! My goal is to place in a race someday. I need to start looking for smaller races.

@PastorVincent are you planning on training on trails before your 50k?
    @karllundy I hope you get that back sorted out soon.
    @Stoshew71 I hope you beat that bug quickly!
    Great race, @polskagirl01 ! What a beautiful place for a race!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options

I just noticed this yesterday. I wasn't bothered by reports in tenths, but I didn't like the way Strava chopped insted of rounding. It was annoying to see something that rounded to 3.00 miles on Garmin show up as 2.9 miles on Strava.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

@HonuNui sorry to hear about your spill, it looks like that will sting! Congrats on the great race though!! My goal is to place in a race someday. I need to start looking for smaller races.

@7lenny7

...helps to be older than dirt......

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »

I just noticed this yesterday. I wasn't bothered by reports in tenths, but I didn't like the way Strava chopped insted of rounding. It was annoying to see something that rounded to 3.00 miles on Garmin show up as 2.9 miles on Strava.

That was my issue with it. When a lot of runs show up as XX.Y8 or XX.Y7 on Garmin and get chopped to XX.Y, there's definitely some mileage loss in the long run.