Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Did your sleeping position change when you lost weight?

GlorianasTears
GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
edited January 2018 in Chit-Chat
Im curious if any of you guys noticed a change in the position you slept in after weight loss. I havent lost a ton of weight but i prefer to sleep on my tummy though to be truthful i sleep in many different positions throughout the night but i sleep on my tummy mainly. :)

Replies

• CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    I always change positions
    Omw
    7o07qpxmfjhh.gif
  • slbf42
    slbf42 Posts: 449 Member
    edited January 2018
    Lost weight and certain positions definitely became uncomfortable to sleep in. Once I started lifting heavy everything hurt all the time so now there is no such thing as a comfortable sleeping position.
  • GlorianasTears
    slbf42 wrote: »
    Lost weight and certain positions definitely became uncomfortable to sleep in. Once I started lifting heavy everything hurt all the time so now there is no such thing as a comfortable sleeping position.

Maybe a new mattress would help
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    weight never made much difference to me, but when I was pregnant only my left side was comefortable, and for some reason I can't get over that. I miss all the other sleeping positions.
  • Jasp03
    Jasp03 Posts: 54 Member
    It hasn’t, but what I have noticed is that since changing my lifestyle and eating better, I sleep much better at night. I used to wake up hourly with no fail, now I can sleep through the entire night. Feels great, more energy throughout the day, I love it.
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    I noticed that when I sleep on my side (either one) my knees are too boney and hurt, so I have to put a blanket between them!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Sleeping? Not so much, however, with weight loss and more activity comes more flexibility. So other positions may change.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    No, I have been a side sleeper at every weight I have been from child to adult. I probably toss and turn less when I weigh less and snore less.
  • GlorianasTears
    Jasp03 wrote: »
    It hasn’t, but what I have noticed is that since changing my lifestyle and eating better, I sleep much better at night. I used to wake up hourly with no fail, now I can sleep through the entire night. Feels great, more energy throughout the day, I love it.

I eat better but i still dont ever sleep through the entire night but it has gotten better maybe when i get closer to my goal ill sleep even better
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Nope. I assume a fetal curl on my left side and that's the only way I can get to sleep. Then I wake up in a fetal curl on my right side.