CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    Is that, like, a drug?

Yupe...you snort it and it makes you vomit so you lose weight

*runnin to walgreens for apple cider vinegar*
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    There are health benefits but only if you use the Apple Cider vinegar with "Mother". Gives almost instantaneous relief for heartburn,1T. undiluted. (However there are a couple seconds of a harsh sting, especially the first time!), helps to lower blood sugar levels, has some antioxidants, daily use helps lower cholesterol and triglycerides. Helps Gout and Supposedly helps with weight loss if taken in conjunction with Garcinia Cambogia. Other than for the heartburn relief always dilute it with water, or you'll damage your esophagus with constant use!
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    KayTeeOne wrote: »
    Helps to delay periods

Wait! What! For how long?
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    There are health benefits but only if you use the Apple Cider vinegar with "Mother". Gives almost instantaneous relief for heartburn,1T. undiluted. (However there are a couple seconds of a harsh sting, especially the first time!), helps to lower blood sugar levels, has some antioxidants, daily use helps lower cholesterol and triglycerides. Helps Gout and Supposedly helps with weight loss if taken in conjunction with Garcinia Cambogia. Other than for the heartburn relief always dilute it with water, or you'll damage your esophagus with constant use!

I almost died (dramatic) the first time I took this stuff. I went in with a whole shot or two of it undiluted and I was left sputtering on the floor (also dramatic).
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

KyleGrace8 wrote: »

I almost died (dramatic) the first time I took this stuff. I went in with a whole shot or two of it undiluted and I was left sputtering on the floor (also dramatic).

Eeek!!! That's a whole lot undiluted :grimace: Had to of been Harsh!!!
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    KayTeeOne wrote: »
    Helps to delay periods

Wait! What! For how long?

9 months
  • LShotmaker
    LShotmaker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The organic raw unfiltered kind is best. This type of Acv is not acidic but has a higher pH level making it more alcaline so it's good for your gut. Take it diluted with 6-8 oz of water before bed and it does work.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Of all the zombie threads you could have bumped, you picked an ACV one? And not even the most recent? SMH.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    tita724 wrote: »
    Good morning. I would like to inquire about the benefits or lack there of, in consuming 2tbsps of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) daily. I have heard that it helps the immune system and also assists in losing body fat. Does anyone know if this is accurate or just another "hyped fad?" Has anyone actually used ACV for any reason other than cooking, and it produce any good or bad side affects? Just a thought.
    ~Shetyra

Raw, unfiltered ACV is probiotic...but I'd rather eat cultured yogurt or something. It also interferes with some medications. There is some scientific support for slightly lower blood glucose levels when taken before a meal which could be beneficial for a diabetic...except that it interferes with insulin taken by some diabetics.

It does nothing for weight loss.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    It seems to help control my Gout. Can't stand to drink it straight, so I make my own salad dressings with it. I use it in sauces and marinades.