Looking 4 keto accountability partners!!

Options
Hi everyone Im a spunky 32 year old canadian girl looking to loose roughly 75-100lbs through a keto/low carb diet and lifestyle change! Im a mom to a busy wild almost twp year old and a eccentric husband who doesnt believe in the keto way of life lol Im looking for like minded people who are on the keto journey to help keep me accountable for what Im eating and someone to share tips and recipes with and *kitten* and moan along the way lol if your interested feel free to add me!!! Peace and Love ✌

Replies

• hlisey
    hlisey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started keto 2 weeks ago and am down 4 pounds. :) I would love to connect. I’m looking for ideas and recipes. Please friend me :)
  • KingsKid2006
    KingsKid2006 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Starting Keto for the second time!! Did round 1 two years ago... but was thrown off track with a car accident!! I too am in Canada , looking also to lose about 70 lbs... I’d be happy with 50 even!!!
    Having some difficulty navigating on here... please feel free to add me!!
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I started keto on New Year's Eve and have lost 4kgs (8.6lbs) since then! I am starting to get sick of eating eggs :wink: I'd be so happy to have keto friends to support and share with. I'll send you a friend request, and anyone interested in more keto pals, please feel free to add me.
  • mike95008
    mike95008 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting next week! Feel free to add me as well, let's do this!
  • rebeccalh00
    rebeccalh00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m starting today
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Keto today and would love some Keto friends.
  • Jbearbarnes
    Jbearbarnes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started Keto last week, at the urging of my Chiropractor. I have 150 lbs to loose and would love to share ideas and support others on my journey!
  • Jbearbarnes
    Jbearbarnes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12lbs since 1/15, thought I didn't go completely Keto until last Tuesday. My Dr had me check out Dr Eric Berg YouTube videos. I used the free 2 week shopping and menu plan from Dietdoctor.com for my first week to help me get things figured out. Found some terrific recipes! The Pizza and the Tuna Salad are new family favorites around here!
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Add me :) About to start keto for the 2nd time. Tried it years ago pre-baby with great results!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    john1797 wrote: »
    I am a nutrition student. From all the research I have done, I cannot recommend the ketogenic diet. Your brain can ONLY use glucose to function- it can't use fatty acids. If you would like to lose weight- please seek a more sustainable diet. And if you can, see a registered dietitian.

Here is some food for thought:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/four-popular-diet-trends-debunked-by-experts_us_5a4ab0d9e4b0df0de8b06c57

I would do some more research and probably something other than Huffington Post.
  • beldacov
    beldacov Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking to do low carb. Been browsing around at paleo and keto friendly recipe sites. With a recent blood test showing elevated glucose it's time I kick the carb addiction.
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Been doing this since October (not exactly faithfully though), and I've lost 24lb. Only 12lb before I'm at proper weight.

I love keto, but you must keep up on your electrolytes, else you'll feel pretty ill.

I only eat eggs st breakfast; there are other foods you can eat, especially once you understand how net carbs work :)

Get a food scale to weigh all your food, you should have one, it makes a HUGE difference.
  • erinkavanagh15
    erinkavanagh15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I just started also and am a little lost! Add me!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    The LowCarber Daily or keto groups are very good spots to look for support. Here's one:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • nvmomketo
    edited February 2018
    Options
    oops double post. Sorry.
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    john1797 wrote: »
    I am a nutrition student. From all the research I have done, I cannot recommend the ketogenic diet. Your brain can ONLY use glucose to function- it can't use fatty acids. If you would like to lose weight- please seek a more sustainable diet. And if you can, see a registered dietitian.

Here is some food for thought:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/four-popular-diet-trends-debunked-by-experts_us_5a4ab0d9e4b0df0de8b06c57

@john1797 A glucose reliant person only needs around 120 g of glucose a day. One who is keto/fat adapted only needs about 50g a day because ketones supply the brain with fuel. The liver can easily make enough glucose, via gluconeogenesis, for the body to eat zero carbs or plant matter if one wishes.

Look into doctors Mary Newport, Dom D'Agostino, Steve Phinney, and Jeff Volek.

I have been ketogenic for most of the past three years, and I experienced cognitive improvements with very restricted carbs. Look into it.
  • jshponies
    jshponies Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started 2 weeks ago I love the way it makes me feel. I Have RA and it has taken some my pain away which is great!
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have been keto since November and prior to that I really tried to keep lo-carb due to insulin resistance and pre-diabetes. I view this as a life-style because when I "cheat" which isn't often usually due to travel and my not preparing ahead of time, I feel sick. I feel so much better on this way of life. :)
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Add me i do keto it’s helped my IBS 90% and lose weight with no hunger most days I lost a lot weight last year then too many social events Christmas so I gained a shed load water so back in it this week
    I’m down 43 lbs 57 lbs to my lowest weight in 20 years