Cosmic Brownie

Options
A single Cosmic Brownie ruined my night ;( I went from 36 calories left to 245 over in one sitting :(
I don't know why I can't stop myself when reaching for that late night snack!
I did 35 minutes of cardio today... A lot more strenuous than just the "treadmill" option it gives me. And it said I had burned 345 calories on the bike at the gym.
What should I do about the random boughts of late night sweet tooth?!

Replies

• irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Skinny Cow peanut butter and chocolate crisps? They're really good for 110 calories. They also have the 90 cal Fiber 1 brownies, but I haven't had those yet so, I can't give my opinion on those. The Hunt's sugar-free chocolate pudding is good for 80 calories. Can you tell I like chocolate? LOL

Dust yourself off and don't worry about it. It's going to happen sometimes!
  • vespaberrie
    vespaberrie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem... my late night sweet tooth gets me all the time. If I have the calories to spare I go for it, but I will have some thing like a 100 calorie snack, a protein bar, fruit or sorbet. It usually helps!

Ps-- Cosmic brownies ROX!
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Klondike ice cream sandwiches make a 100 calorie sandwich both vanilla ice cream and chocolate ice cream...so delicious! Usually what I have at night!
  • jquick3
    jquick3 Posts: 3
    Options
    I *know* I'm a victim to late night snacking - I just CRAVE a little chocolate in the evenings. I try to pace myself during the day so that I have enough left over for a little indulgence. Lately I've been having 3 Oreos as my treat if I have enough calories left in the evening.
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I also do this late night crap.. But I started reaching for the Fiber Plus bars. Way better option and they have some great flavors, plus the fiber! :)
  • soccertra
    Options
    try dark chocolate. even if you don't typically go for it, it will satisfy the sweet tooth and you typically dont eat as much so less calories. i also think mint helps curb a snacking/sweet tooth craving. chew gum, have an altoid or even brush your teeth. sometimes its just enough of a flavor to distract you. last tip -- drink water! i realized that sometimes when i think i am craving chocolate, i am really just thirsty! and drinking a big glass of water keeps you busy -- so you dont snack because you are bored!

4298339.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • lilieslosinit
    lilieslosinit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat "bad" food at night too, so I have 200 of my calories allotted for a night-time snack. I also eat really healthy during the day. If I want anything bad, I have a conversation with myself that goes like this "You can't have that right now. Just wait and see if you still have enough calories at the end of the day and then you can have it." It seems to be working quite well.
  • Nikki4189
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! Those Klondike bars sound delicious, and I had completely forgotten about those 100 calorie packs. I'll have to get some of those too!
    Making the switch from no carb to few calories is tough! haha.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    It didn't ruin your night, if you stopped at one and didn't make it a habit. :)