New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I'm a little behind, as usual, but I finished the pint of Halo Top Caramel Macchiatto (soooooo perfect for this non coffee drinker) and whipped out the Rainbow Swirl flavor. I bought two pints assuming I would love it like all the other flavors I've tried (hell, I even got used to the pancakes and waffles flavor!) but there was this very off taste to it and both pints ended up in the trash. It almost tasted medicinal. I was pretty darned sad.

This is what made me quit Halo Top. Way too many pints taste that way to me. Go figure.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    ral40yx3v3a5.png
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    ral40yx3v3a5.png

I want to be excited, I do, but I just can't stand their dairy-free flavors. If they decided to do a flavor without pea protein I'd be all for it, but until that day comes I have zero desire to try these....
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    ral40yx3v3a5.png

I want to be excited, I do, but I just can't stand their dairy-free flavors. If they decided to do a flavor without pea protein I'd be all for it, but until that day comes I have zero desire to try these....

I agree. The best dairy free ice cream I've had was B&J pints and so delicious cashew milk. I'd like to see a low calorie one without that nasty pea protein.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm a little behind, as usual, but I finished the pint of Halo Top Caramel Macchiatto (soooooo perfect for this non coffee drinker) and whipped out the Rainbow Swirl flavor. I bought two pints assuming I would love it like all the other flavors I've tried (hell, I even got used to the pancakes and waffles flavor!) but there was this very off taste to it and both pints ended up in the trash. It almost tasted medicinal. I was pretty darned sad.

This is what made me quit Halo Top. Way too many pints taste that way to me. Go figure.

I still don't like Halo Top either,I want to but meh :|
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    These were the last flavor I had yet to try. Probably my least favorite but still extremely delicious! The only thing that bothers me is I can’t tell if it has erythritol giving it a slightly weird taste or if it has some sort of ginger spice in it... tastes more like a ginger snap than snickerdoodle in my opinion. Still, I’d buy it again!
    5sit5ogma283.jpeg

Once I get through my huge stash of protein treats I definitely want to try these!

My favorite protein cookie at the moment is still the Muscletech Birthday Cake cookie.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited January 2018
    Options

That's funny. Caramel Macchiato may be my #1 favorite, and Pancakes and Waffles ended up in the trash. :laugh:

I'm pretty much over buying Halo Top a lot, but I do have to say I loved the Caramel Macchiato flavor & if a more local store would carry it I would buy that flavor on occasion.

The only flavors I will still buy from time to time is Birthday Cake, Peanut Butter Cup, & Chocolate Almond Crunch. I did buy the Gingerbread flavor at Giant on Sunday (they had a ton of that flavor left).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

That's a shame you didn't like the rainbow swirl flavor! However, I think it's funny you bring that up about the pancakes and waffles flavor as yesterday I was at Shoprite and decided to buy it again even though I remember hating it at first (they were out of Green Tea Mochi, my second favorite behind caramel macchiato so I didn't want to leave completely empty-handed), but I had it last night and found myself actually impressed this time around! I can taste the stevia which I originally didn't like and thought was strong, but I can taste more of the maple syrup flavor now. It's weird how your taste buds can grow to like different flavors you previously hated (this has happened with several pints so far)! Still, the caramel macchiato remains my ultimate favorite ;)

I didn't see any of those new Talenti pints though! :(

Don't waste your money on the Talenti pints!

I tried the Vanilla Cinnamon & it has to be one of the worst low calorie ice creams/gelatos I have ate, but not as bad as Arctic Zero.

The base was beyond boring with hardly any flavoring & the cinnamon flavor was not as abundant as I would've wanted. Giant had the pints on sale for $3.50-$3.99 for all of the Talenti flavors.
  • hgycta
    Options

That's a shame you didn't like the rainbow swirl flavor! However, I think it's funny you bring that up about the pancakes and waffles flavor as yesterday I was at Shoprite and decided to buy it again even though I remember hating it at first (they were out of Green Tea Mochi, my second favorite behind caramel macchiato so I didn't want to leave completely empty-handed), but I had it last night and found myself actually impressed this time around! I can taste the stevia which I originally didn't like and thought was strong, but I can taste more of the maple syrup flavor now. It's weird how your taste buds can grow to like different flavors you previously hated (this has happened with several pints so far)! Still, the caramel macchiato remains my ultimate favorite ;)

I tried the Vanilla Cinnamon & it has to be one of the worst low calorie ice creams/gelatos I have ate, but not as bad as Arctic Zero.

The base was beyond boring with hardly any flavoring & the cinnamon flavor was not as abundant as I would've wanted. Giant had the pints on sale for $3.50-$3.99 for all of the Talenti flavors.

Wow, that's horrible! How many calories were in this pint? What was the texture like? It's a shame Talenti didn't deliver more, I had very high expectations for them! Who knows, maybe Arctic Zero will surprise all of us with their new line coming out.
  • ms_havisham
    ms_havisham Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love Talenti, but I have only tried the Roman Rasberry. I was shocked at how flavorful it was. I usually have it with a cup of mixed berries.

Ingredients: raspberries· water· sugar· dextrose· lemon juice· carob gum
    Nutrition: 1/2 Cup (97g) | Servings Per Container: Pint: 4
    Amount Per Serving:
    Calories: 110 // From Fat: 0
    Total Fat: 0 g // D.V.: 0%
    Trans Fat: 0 g // D.V.: 0%
    Sat. Fat: 0 g // D.V.: 0%
    Sodium: 0 mg // D.V.: 0%
    Chol.: 0 mg // D.V.: 0%
    Total Carb.: 28 g // D.V.: 9%
    Diet. Fiber: 3 g // D.V.: 12%
    Sugars: 24 g
    Protein: <1 g
    Vitamin A: 0% | Calcium: 0% | Vitamin C: 10% | Iron: 10%
    * Percent Daily Value (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
  • ms_havisham
    ms_havisham Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    *Though the sorbettos may be better than the gelatos, I wouldn't know, I haven't tried anything else.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    ral40yx3v3a5.png

Boo! I tried the dairy free halo top once because I got it by mistake and it was horrible! One spoonful and I had enough.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    The other new non-dairy Halo Top is toasted coconut.

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/food/halo-top-new-vegan-flavors
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I love Talenti, but I have only tried the Roman Rasberry. I was shocked at how flavorful it was. I usually have it with a cup of mixed berries.

Ingredients: raspberries· water· sugar· dextrose· lemon juice· carob gum
    Nutrition: 1/2 Cup (97g) | Servings Per Container: Pint: 4
    Amount Per Serving:
    Calories: 110 // From Fat: 0
    Total Fat: 0 g // D.V.: 0%
    Trans Fat: 0 g // D.V.: 0%
    Sat. Fat: 0 g // D.V.: 0%
    Sodium: 0 mg // D.V.: 0%
    Chol.: 0 mg // D.V.: 0%
    Total Carb.: 28 g // D.V.: 9%
    Diet. Fiber: 3 g // D.V.: 12%
    Sugars: 24 g
    Protein: <1 g
    Vitamin A: 0% | Calcium: 0% | Vitamin C: 10% | Iron: 10%
    * Percent Daily Value (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

110 calories for 1/2 cup of sorbet really is pretty much the norm though. I mean, most popsicles 'standard size' are like 100 calories.

I just like cream in my ice cream, lol!
  • hgycta
    Options
    It’s not every day that a company executes a red velvet flavor well, but ONE did a pretty good job with it! Has a very strong cream cheese and rich cocoa component, its only downfall is the aftertaste is a little strange... I’ll probably get again though, it goes away the more you eat it.
    48x1mkbe8thy.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    41eJCOBFteL._SX355_.jpg
    Someone recomended these in another thread saying they were amazing so I bought.

3/10, Not the best. Not a strong caramel flavor and didn't like the texture. They reminded me exactly of kashi peanut butter bars, very boring.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Wow, that's horrible! How many calories were in this pint? What was the texture like? It's a shame Talenti didn't deliver more, I had very high expectations for them! Who knows, maybe Arctic Zero will surprise all of us with their new line coming out.

I honestly forget how many calories were in the pint. I think it was less than 400.

The texture tasted like gelato, but the base was boring.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    ral40yx3v3a5.png

RIP MY $ I have high hopes for the original DF flavors. Maybe they can hide the pea protein flavor better in them.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    large_98e046d4-3430-4769-89f6-303ea7ea2822.jpg

Spotted these at Woodmans near the english muffins. It tastes a lot like an english muffin but I really like this slighty denser texture! Super good toasted. Just enough sweetness and I didn't need to add any butter or sugar.