Did your sleeping position change when you lost weight?

Options
GlorianasTears
GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
edited January 2018 in Chit-Chat
Im curious if any of you guys noticed a change in the position you slept in after weight loss. I havent lost a ton of weight but i prefer to sleep on my tummy though to be truthful i sleep in many different positions throughout the night but i sleep on my tummy mainly. :)

Replies

• CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    I always change positions
    Omw
    7o07qpxmfjhh.gif
  • slbf42
    slbf42 Posts: 449 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Lost weight and certain positions definitely became uncomfortable to sleep in. Once I started lifting heavy everything hurt all the time so now there is no such thing as a comfortable sleeping position.
  • GlorianasTears
    Options
    slbf42 wrote: »
    Lost weight and certain positions definitely became uncomfortable to sleep in. Once I started lifting heavy everything hurt all the time so now there is no such thing as a comfortable sleeping position.

Maybe a new mattress would help
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    weight never made much difference to me, but when I was pregnant only my left side was comefortable, and for some reason I can't get over that. I miss all the other sleeping positions.
  • Jasp03
    Jasp03 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It hasn’t, but what I have noticed is that since changing my lifestyle and eating better, I sleep much better at night. I used to wake up hourly with no fail, now I can sleep through the entire night. Feels great, more energy throughout the day, I love it.
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I noticed that when I sleep on my side (either one) my knees are too boney and hurt, so I have to put a blanket between them!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Sleeping? Not so much, however, with weight loss and more activity comes more flexibility. So other positions may change.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    No, I have been a side sleeper at every weight I have been from child to adult. I probably toss and turn less when I weigh less and snore less.
  • GlorianasTears
    Options
    Jasp03 wrote: »
    It hasn’t, but what I have noticed is that since changing my lifestyle and eating better, I sleep much better at night. I used to wake up hourly with no fail, now I can sleep through the entire night. Feels great, more energy throughout the day, I love it.

I eat better but i still dont ever sleep through the entire night but it has gotten better maybe when i get closer to my goal ill sleep even better
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Nope. I assume a fetal curl on my left side and that's the only way I can get to sleep. Then I wake up in a fetal curl on my right side.