High calories and weight loss

Options
Hey, are there any ladies here who eat a high number of calories and still lose?! If so, how many calories are you on and what sort of workout are you doing? Just curious x

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What's a high number?
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    2k plus?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sazzle1983 wrote: »
    2k plus?

Gross, yes, but not net.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I can lose slowly on 2000 calories. I'm 42 yoa, 5'9, 177 lbs currently. My maintenance calories are ~2300-2400.

I'm cutting a bit faster right now at 1870 calories.

I lift heavy 5 days a week, about 2 hours per session. I walk an hour a day 5 days a week. I do one 15 minute HIIT cardio session right now, because I'm on the faster cut, but I don't usually do this.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It all comes down to increasing your TDEE - total daily energy expenditure.

Having a physically active job helps a lot, and so does doing strenuous workouts frequently (weight lifting, running, tabata, HIIT, for example).

So if you want to be able to eat more calories, you gotta get that TDEE up!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My wife maintains on about 2300 calories...she'd lose slowly on 2K...she usually cuts on 1800. She's an avid runner and runs 5-10 miles 5 days out of the week and lifts once per week.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    During some parts of the year (in the summer, when I'm doing more walking around and I'm typically training for a marathon), I would lose on 2,000 a day. That includes 5-10 hours a week of walking, 30-240 minutes a day of running, and 15-20 minutes of resistance training a day.

In the winter, when I'm inside more and my weekly running mileage is less, I maintain on around 2,000. This is more like 2-4 hours a week of walking, 30-60 minutes a day of running, and 15-20 minutes of resistance training per day.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    That’s really interesting, thanks all.
  • JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    A lady told me a few days ago that she only started losing after increasing her calories she went from 1200 to 1600 with no excercise

I've shocked my body out of a plateau by upping my calories significantly for a couple days before cutting again, but it's all about eating at a deficit in the long run.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    A lady told me a few days ago that she only started losing after increasing her calories she went from 1200 to 1600 with no excercise

Since nobody except the truly bedridden have no activity, usually when people have this experience it is often because the energy from eating more results in them moving around more (even if they aren't consciously increasing exercise).
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I'm 155 @ 5'6" and I lose 1lb/week on 2K but I also get about 15+K steps in a day and lift 4/week. I don't track here though, I use cronometer so if you're looking to add friends that log here; I'm out haha