Body doesn't want to lose weight anymore. Serious help only!

Options
My body seems to be rejecting low carb now after I did low cal with great success (which stopped working suddenly)...it just DOESNT want to lose weight anymore!! Im getting SOOOO frustrated... suggestions?!?!? P.S. Pls dont say exercise more...bc I went from NO exercise to 6days a week, 35 min a day with varying workouts. Ive done low cal 1,200-2,000 and low carb 20-60carbs. My body just wants nothing to do with losing anymore. Ive tried the plateau busters. FAIL. maybe its my MS. Its upsetting. Please be nice to me about this, im pretty upset.

Ive never had to work so hard to lose weight..BUT, ive never gone beyond this part..usually when I stop losing weight..i quit. I dont WANT to quit!! My body always does this though. I want to fight it. But, HOW?! How can I do this? Please someone knowledgeable answer. I dont want weird guesses... PLEASE guys. Help me.

Replies

• edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    First of all u cant quit, and dont quit, because when we quit we regret it later...so keep going thats rule #1 just keep going it will eventually pick up.. now i know most ppl dont do this, but have u tried eating ur workout calories back maybe u need to eat more......also please please be patient and experiment with ur body...also check ur thyroids...to make sure everything is ok there....and keep going, be patient, and it will happen.
  • edinat
    Options
    try eating more protein as well
  • edinat
    Options
    try eating more protein as well
  • MariPars
    MariPars Posts: 52
    Options
    I wont quit guys i promise. Im in this for the long haul!! I will increase my protein with the low calorie diet..with the low carb..I had a LOT of meat..no dice.
  • MariPars
    Options
    oh and yes, I had bloodwork done...im PERFECT. so its nothing there... : /
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Without seeing your diary it's hard to give you alot of help.
    Here are some generalizations, try upping you intake by 10%. Or take a break. Still eat healthy, make smart choices but go up to a non dieting calorie goal for 2 weeks then re-figure your goals and start over. Still exercise like you have been and track on here, just don't restrict your intake so much.
  • edinat
    Options
    yeah increase ur protein, and u need to find what clicks for u, everyone is different and different things work on different ppl......like i said try eating some of ur calories back maybe ur not eating enough.
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Varying your workouts...is that also time of day, length, and type? I know adding a weight training program will help as well, if you have just been doing cardio. Not sure if you've already done that...
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    No real advice because I'm in no way an expert, but I just wanted you to know that don't give up! Definitely try what was suggested. I saw you mention your MS, maybe have a chat with your dr.

But most of all, don't beat yourself up over this. Step back, take a deep breath and remember you're human. You'll figure it out!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    that's happened to me before. then i realized i'm not eating enough protein, and after a few days of eating more protein, my weight loss picked up again :))
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Your body maybe just evening out and adjusting to the weight you have already lost cant tell much with out being able to see what your eating
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    When you do consume carbs, what kind of carbs are you eating? It's important to have a balanced meal that includes some form of good carb. Also, if you feel like you're plateauing, try and stay with what you're doing for at least three weeks. If nothing is working after that, that's when you have to make some changes with your nutrition and exercise. Also, with the proteins that you're eating, are they high in sodium? Heavy amounts of sodium mean water retention, and you have to flush that out with copious amounts of water.
  • MariPars
    Options
    I think eating more protein with the low calorie diet is some great advice..I CAN honestly say THAT has been low. I WILL try that this week and see how it works! Thanks! Keep coming with ideas guys, this is great! As for the working out thing, I added things ive NEVER done before like pilates and yoga! lol Im tryin here!!! btw, I found I REALLY like pilates!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Definitely add strength training if you don't already do it.
  • MariPars
    Options
    Yeah..everything I eat is healthy, trust me, no bad carbs here!.... and I hardly ever have any sodium b/c im afraid of water retention!! lol
  • MariPars
    Options
    Yes, I do strength training!
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Here's a suggestion that helped me out quite a bit. I have no idea if it will help you, but it's worth mentioning.

Water can make a huge difference. I have no clue how much you're already drinking, but I like to have between 8 -12 cups on a non-active day.

Sleep is the other thing that can really make your body hold on to weight. Make sure you're getting plenty of sleep.

I'm afraid that's all I can offer. I hope you are able to find out what's causing the big pause in your weightloss. I admire your determination to stick it out and seek advice.

God bless,
    Hollie
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do strength training!

in that case, since your doing strength training make sure that you eat or drink some form of protein within 1 hr of working out because it helps with muscle repair :)) good luck
  • MariPars
    Options
    I know..im hardly ever on here is the problem guys...Im busy with my 2yr old and my ms, cooking for the family, working out... its hard enough to keep all that under wraps and try to take care of myself.. but im trying to at least come on here and keep tabs.. be accountable but I dont have time to do the diary, sorry.. I am good with my eating though..I know how key it is..but youre right..it does make it difficult when asking for help. So please, just do the best you can!
  • MariPars
    Options
    Okay, thanks corina! I'll try a protein shake!