Need weightloss friends. Im 5'6" 177 pounds.

Options
Im 5'6" and currently weigh 177 lbs. I was down to 165 lbs last summer but then started gaining weight even though i was still eating on point and exercising. I started asking doctors what was wrong... a few tests later... i found out i have hypothyroidism. My thyroid is finally under control after MANY medicine changes. But now my good eaying habbits have changed in to food obsession. And i never have the motivation to work out. I absolutely want to get back in shape. I do not even have one pair of jeans that can button. Im stuck in yoga pants! Please help! Id love to see before and after pics of people around my height. Friend requests are also more then welcome!!! Thank you all in advance!

Replies

• CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'6" (maybe a slight bit taller) and I am currently 162.2. Last year I was down to 127 and then I had ankle surgery and lost all control of my eating habits. I am having quite a bit of trouble reigning it in. Exercise is not the problem for me. I love it and it helps my mood. I just have no will power. I actually had to go out and buy new bras, shirts, and pants. I am still in the bigger clothes and it is so frustrating. I am really looking forward to getting back on track. Maybe we could help each other.
  • candacemckeone
    candacemckeone Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies - struggling here too at about the same weight - 5’8 170lbs about a year ago was about 159lbs - even though I work out ALOT and make great food choices. I would love to get back on track but really can’t figure out how to do it...
  • debbiebrzo
    debbiebrzo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    its all possible!! i started out at 162 end of october and im now down to 139 in just 3 short months! its all about your mindset and what you eat!
  • Kristeenewd
    Kristeenewd Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am 45, 175lb , 5' ". I also have hypothyroidism, about two years now. Prior to that diagnoses, losing weight was much easier. My TSH just shot back up to 4.5, so just upped the levothyroxine. I eat really clean (for the most part) and average 1300 calories / day. I am really struggling with my energy levels though, constantly fatigued. Hoping this improves with the med change because I am super motivated for change!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hello - I am currently at about 185 and am 5'5". Today is my first day. I also have hypothyroid and am on lexo too. I am getting married in 3 months and want to fit into a dress that's currently two sizes too small!

I've decided to try going gluten free to see if it helps my hypo symptoms. I've been reading a lot about how the two are linked and going GF can really help manage hypo.

I would love friends.
    debbiebrzo wrote: »
    its all possible!! i started out at 162 end of october and im now down to 139 in just 3 short months! its all about your mindset and what you eat!

Thats great! How did you do it Debbie?
  • kayra_hancock
    kayra_hancock Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi we’re about the same height and weight! We can both do it!
  • candacemckeone
    candacemckeone Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi - does anyone know of A home Test for hypothyroidism? Don’t trust doctors much...but think this has to be part of the picture...I crave large amounts of salt sometimes and seem to be terribly insulin resistant. Any suggestions would be appreciated!