Hullo there everyone!!

Options
Currently weighing in at 337. Can stand the way that i look and feel. The goal right now is to get under 300. Im new to the gym and to eating healthy and i was wondering if there was anyone who would be willing to share with me some strategies to their success. I would be very appreciative.

Thank you in advance

Replies

• geordiegirl1892
    geordiegirl1892 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi. You have started your journey by making a goal to reach as your target. Im a former aerobics/gym instructor but after a few years or so out due to personal problems Im back on my journey to be as fit or as nearly as fit as I was. I dont follow any diet just eat clean (I have allergies so do my own food journey) and have already started to get back on track with the fitness workouts etc. Feel free to add me
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I was 300 a few years ago. 250 today. Shooting for about 210 this year.

Among a multitude of helpful suggestions you'll get, one that can start benefiting you TODAY is do 30 minutes of exercise, in some form. Walking is fine. If you want to play games on your phone while you walk that's fine--but get walking.

And ignore those who tell you do exercise 3 times a week, 5 times a week. No: Exercise for at least 30 minutes every single day. Don't take off days, because if you have off days you'll be tempted to make excuses for why you can't exercise today. Before you know it, every day will be an off day, and you'll be right back where you started.

Also: If some times goes by and you think you might try this 'running' thing? Go ahead! But don't force yourself into it.
  • sunnycloud82
    sunnycloud82 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome! I'd love to stay connected with you on your journey.

You have a first goal in mind - that's great! Now think of a non-food reward for yourself when you hit it. :) Rewarding yourself is the fun part!

I do not set goals like "I'm going to lose 10 pounds this month" because weight loss is tricky and for me that sets me up for disappointment and frustration. But goals like "I'm going to log everything I eat this week" or "I'm going to work out 5 times this week" are excellent.

There are a million diets out there so you just have to find what works for you. I'm doing the keto diet right now but I have had past success with simply eating clean and watching portions.

Wishing you the best on your journey!
  • PeteReadmfp18
    PeteReadmfp18 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hi. i started at 280lbs - have lost 55lbs so far with 50 to go. my keys are fitbit as it forces you to be more active and the app community is amazing, plus smaller meals often with lots of water. i don't bother with the gym - just 10k steps per day and home workout exercises - feel free to add me
  • geordiegirl1892
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »

Among a multitude of helpful suggestions you'll get, one that can start benefiting you TODAY is do 30 minutes of exercise, in some form. Walking is fine. If you want to play games on your phone while you walk that's fine--but get walking.

And ignore those who tell you do exercise 3 times a week, 5 times a week. No: Exercise for at least 30 minutes every single day. Don't take off days, because if you have off days you'll be tempted to make excuses for why you can't exercise today. Before you know it, every day will be an off day, and you'll be right back where you started.

Also: If some times goes by and you think you might try this 'running' thing? Go ahead! But don't force yourself into it.

Well done on losing your weight and continue to keep up the good work :)
  • geordiegirl1892
    Options
    hi. i started at 280lbs - have lost 55lbs so far with 50 to go. my keys are fitbit as it forces you to be more active and the app community is amazing, plus smaller meals often with lots of water. i don't bother with the gym - just 10k steps per day and home workout exercises - feel free to add me

well done on the weight you have lost. Keep up the good work
  • geordiegirl1892
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »

well done on your weight loss and continue the good work on your fitness journey