HRM?

Options
Hiya

I haven't a clue which heart rate monitor is the best to buy? I live in the UK, was looking at a few on amazon? Does it measure calories burnt also? Sorry I'm pretty clueless with all this stuff!

Thanks x

Replies

• stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i have just bought the polar FT4 on amazon for £49.99 works well and shows calorie burnt. I really like it
  • ROBP5
    ROBP5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, have used a polar hrm. Depending on which model you have will depend on the functions it has. I think you'll need the FT4 to know how many calories you've burnt
  • renrutmd
    Options
    FT4 by Polar. Awesome unit great price and very accurate.
  • Crystal_6
    Crystal_6 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great thankyou polar it is :)
  • BuffTexan
    BuffTexan Posts: 270
    Options
    Go to Amazon and sort all the HRM by customer reviews.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I recently bought the polar ft7, I think the next model up from the ft4. They come with a chest strap, and yes, it measures heart rate and gives an estimate of calories burnt after you enter your info. I love my polar hrm :)
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Depends how much you are willing to spend. I got mine from Lloyds pharmacy, their own make. Was £20 but it's been on offer at £14.99 recently.
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    I'm also a polar fan. I've had a F7 for over a year and it is an essential tool. The chest strap is comfy and entering the information (and updating it with weight lost!) is easy. And yes, amazon has several providers that are running sales and free shipping on the F4 and F7. Happy shopping!