f170twzhzokc.png

Join by posting!

Keep us updated as the month goes on!

You got this!

Replies

• Skyweigh
    Skyweigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ready, ready ready! Here's to cheers for a Dry February!
  • karengineer
    karengineer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started Dry January late so I want to keep it going for a while.
  • eddie_fields
    eddie_fields Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am in...let’s roll
  • jcadow
    jcadow Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I am in, too, with the exception of going to dinner with my wife sometime late in the month, when she'll be "visiting" me for a week from Atlanta, before she returns for a few additional months to continue playing nanny for grandson #3. She's been doing that since New Year's Day, fer cryin' out loud. (In truth, her absence actually facilitates my abstinence.)
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone so far!

(I should say that all terms and conditions are certainly acceptable. But, my personal goal will be to to stay dry... dry... dry...)
  • eddie_fields
    eddie_fields Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Day 1 tomorrow...good luck all
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Options
    I had some cake tonight to celebrate the end of Dry January. On to Dry February!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Options
    Sad in New England. But, still dry!
  • karengineer
    karengineer Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Made it through one of my major temptations last night! I always have a glass wine when I go to the theatre. In my mind, theatre and wine are synonymous. :) I was good last night and had a cup of coffee instead. -- Turns out, it's possible to enjoy the show while drinking coffee! Who knew? ;) BTW - The touring company for Les Misérables is incredible! Amazing talent and absolutely beautiful production. If you enjoy musical theatre, this is one you should see! 5brs99i8l2lo.jpg
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Options
    @karengineer: Nice job! And thanks for the pointer.
  • Skyweigh
    Skyweigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    January 1st was the last time I had alcohol, and I've been able to entertain a friend (one who I used to often drink with) and still pour her glasses of her wine. I've managed also to function well during a stressful week with my husband in hospital (yay! he's home now!) ... as well as enjoy Superbowl Sunday with flavoured soda water. I'm very pleased with myself, if it doesn't already show o:) . We are not really football fans, but this time my husband got into the game and decided to root for the Eagles, so that win was for him as well. Note to New England commentators: it's not the Tom Brady show. When you are interviewing the winning team, please don't keep asking them how they think Tom Brady feels --- that's kind of like pulling a Kanye/Taylor gaffe.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Well I have been consistent with no alcohol since Jan. 23rd. I may do some kind of reward on Feb. 23rd.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    I like the cardio idea after work, if I need it. Tomorrow I will know. I also plan to go get Ceylon cinnamon, which is supposedly better for your eyesight than the other cinnamon that is more common, or try this new tea place out. All cinnamon is good for your eyesight, but not supposed to have a lot of the common one at once. I think I am putting a lot in my chocolate protein in the am, so I want to get the Ceylon one. This gives me something to look forward to in case work is rough again.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Options
    @skyweigh, @salleewins, @karengineer, @eddie_fields: Nice job all around. We are awesome.

@SaraB_82: welcome to the group!

(There's lots of cross posting to

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10638088/less-alcohol-february-2018-one-day-at-a-time

which is fine by me!)

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your journey. I've been dry since January 1st. And it feels so wonderful; I never want to go back to alcohol.
    The only problem I will have is St. Patrick's Day - we have a hotel room for a party, and lots of people coming by to hang out and drink. I really don't know what i"ll do then. But I won't worry about it anymore. All we have is today! And for several of us - On to day 37!
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I’ve been dry since Jan 1st! Probably since November haha I’ll be dry all February except my birthday on the 23rd, 24th, 25th!