Scales have finally moved but its slowwww.

Options
2»

Replies

• StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    A couple of thoughts...

1,100, 1,200, and 1,300 calories for a day is extremely low. You could be causing a significant slowing of your metabolism by eating so little, assuming you are logging reasonably accurate.

Are you on an exercise program? If not, I would start working in some cardio and strength training a few times a week.

Make sure you are counting the little things as well. I personally wasn't counting BBQ sauce on burger, butter spray on bagels, coffee, a little ketchup, etc. I have since started counting these things this week, and realized I was consuming 100 calories a day more than I thought I was.

Let your weight loss be your guide. If you are not losing, or loosing very slowly, then either A) you are eating more than you think, B) eating too little and slowing down your metabolism, or C) not exercising enough.

Best of luck.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Also, one thing I recommend is actually calculating your BMR, TDEE, and from there, subtracting the necessary calorie deficit needed for loss.
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Right folks an update. I am finally back to my pre Christmas weight but the worrying thing a the struggle it took to get here.

As was mentioned I was eating 1500 cals daily and nothing happened. I then dropped further to 1300 and the weight cane of but as I say it was a struggle. My bmr should be 1800. I had to up my gym session to 6 days per week and I average 14000 steps per day on Fitbit so I am an active guy. My TDEE should be around 2600 but I know myself it’s no where near it.

I didn’t make a complete gorge of myself over Christmas and gained 6lb of fat easily.

My bmr is totally out of whack. I want to drop more weight due to high body fat but can’t continue on 1300 cals, I am constantly starving.
  • sabal20
    sabal20 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I weigh my biscuits. I weigh mayonnaise too - my partner thinks I'm crazy but a teaspoon to me and a teaspoon to him is very different. It's not daily because I have different goals but if I'm measuring, I'm measuring everything.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    dave_in_ni wrote: »
    Right folks an update. I am finally back to my pre Christmas weight but the worrying thing a the struggle it took to get here.

As was mentioned I was eating 1500 cals daily and nothing happened. I then dropped further to 1300 and the weight cane of but as I say it was a struggle. My bmr should be 1800. I had to up my gym session to 6 days per week and I average 14000 steps per day on Fitbit so I am an active guy. My TDEE should be around 2600 but I know myself it’s no where near it.

I didn’t make a complete gorge of myself over Christmas and gained 6lb of fat easily.

My bmr is totally out of whack. I want to drop more weight due to high body fat but can’t continue on 1300 cals, I am constantly starving.

Wow that is LOW for a guy! not sure how you have the energy to do those 14k steps on that little calories. Have you been persistently eating low cal for a long time? and therefore could have messed up your BMR?
    Have you had bloods taken? to maybe rule out something else.

@PAV8888 has made a stellar point. 750 cal deficit a day is too much when you don't need to lose much.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    are you doing any lifting at the gym yet OP?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So you have been all over the forums for a couple of years I think it is now bemoaning your lack of muscle and yet here you are once again doing everything in your power to obliterate what do you have.

Everything you do is always counterproductive to your goals.

QFT, so lurkers can learn.