How are you all planning to handle the super bowl food wise?

Options
So, just curious how everyone is planning to eat/drink at their respective super bowl parties! I know what I *should* do — still up in the air about what I am actually going to do!

Replies

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Don't get too hung up on sticking to your calorie allotment, but I would focus on not going ridiculously off track. So scope out diet friendly foods, such as the veggie platter, cold cuts, chili (actually not bad--full of protein and fiber) and maybe bring foods like a nice salad, diet soda and such.
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am a "all-or-nothing" kind of gal. I can either pig out at an event like this or enjoy my Diet Coke and not eat a bite! I think you do what feels good for you and consider how you'll feel on Monday. I'm doing great right now, losing regularly so I'd feel disappointed on Monday if I undid my hard work. But, obviously, one day isn't going to ruin it completely!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    The same way I would approach any party....moderation. I will probably have a very light breakfast, very light lunch, and maybe get a long walk in with the dog if the weather permits. I do not plan on being a glutton and gobbling all the food I see - I will be selective as I am every day. I won't eat it unless I really, really like it. And I'm sure I will help myself to a lot of raw veggies (and yes, dip!)

And if I see a treat I really really want, I will have it...log it...and start out fresh back on plan the next day.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Homemade pizza and maybe a little chips/dip. Just not going all out as this is a no exercise/rest day.

If it was Friday or Sat night I would do different. Hate starting a new exercise week off feeling heavy and not my best after a rest day.
  • Shugahhfatt
    Shugahhfatt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    eat my *kitten* off...its sunday which is international cheat day plus super bowl...free day anything I want...but interestingly no cravings because I am doing this "diet nonsense" right!! Go Pats
  • 25agirard
    25agirard Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I found a buffalo cauliflower recipe I am going to make, and I'll bring a veggie tray!! I haven't been drinking much lately and I don't miss it so I'm hopeful that I won't even want to drink much! Oh, and I am going to cheer super loud for the PATS!!! Go PATS!!!! I also have to get my kids out the door by 7 am the next day so we will only be over our friends for the first half (which should make it easier for me to stay on track!)
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    It won’t be any different for me. I don’t even know if I’ll watch lol. I’m not a big football fan. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I guess it is the super bowl time? Not going to watch it or anything so it doesn't matter to me.

Have a maintenance day. One higher calorie day doesn't doom you.
    Maybe bring some low calorie snacks with you.
    Nibble snacks slowly.
    Eat lighter the rest of the day or the day before or after.
    Drink lower calorie or no calorie drinks mostly.
    Get some exercise.
  • phildog50
    phildog50 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The obvious answer is "cheat day". But there ARE healthier alternatives
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    One day deliberately and consciously off track isn't going to set you back as far as 2 days or a week or a month of moderate overeating.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I will be fixing lots of food, eating most of it, drinking what I want, and watching something OTHER than football lol. Never liked sports. Love wings though so will be making a bunch. I'll pay for it all before or after or both with some extra deficit and exercise so no worries.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    anytime the Pats are in the superbowl, it's my excuse to make New England clam chowder...I don't make it very often, but I LOVE IT. My other half can take the rest to work next week, one bowl for me & I'm done...I think
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I'll be watching the game, but no party. I'll be home with my kids and just another Sunday for me.