How are you all planning to handle the super bowl food wise?

Options

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Nachos. With that amazingly awful liquid stadium cheese. I’ll be eating a light breakfast/lunch to compensate.
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm not a big football fan, I'm
    more of a futbol fan ( World Cup). I'm still planning to go out to a sports bar. I'll eat and enjoy myself cheer on my home team- the Patriots. I have a rule, I enjoy myself on holidays without overdoing it. I'm considering the Super Bowl Sunday a holiday :) I'll plan ahead and walk 20,000 steps that day to create a large deficit.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I hear that if you root for the Eagles, Super Bowl calories don't count.

Congrats everyone outside of New England and Cowboys/Giants fans!
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    We aren't having a party, it'll just be my husband, daughter & I.. but we've bought a bunch of snacks! I'm currently in maintenance, so I'm not as strict as I used to be. I will enjoy all our snacks and have a fun day, then get back to it Monday.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Pizza and antipasta. Maybe a beer. Probably not.

It'll be one of the few times (the others being in the past few weeks) that this Steelers fan has rooted for the Eagles, and it's time to fly, Eagles, fly.

Hah, are you the Eagles fan who wooed me? ;)
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    eat all the foods
  • MegaMooseEsq
    Options

It'll be one of the few times (the others being in the past few weeks) that this Steelers fan has rooted for the Eagles, and it's time to fly, Eagles, fly.

LOL. No (and I even double checked). :D

I am definitely *not* an Eagles fan. But they're the underdog, and the Patriots are bad people.

I'm hoping that my cat's trend of winning teams continues. She loves watching football, and generally, when she stays awake for most of the game, either the Steelers win, the teams with the birdies win, or the teams with the kitties win. (It was rough going during the Steelers-Ravens game, and she needed an attitude adjustment during the Jaguars.) So, fingers crossed that she a) stays awake, and b) remembers that the birdies are the better team.

Oh man, that's awesome about your cat. I don't really like football and am a pretty big grump about public funding for stadiums (especially ugly bird-killing ones that look like sandcrawlers and make my drinks cost a dollar more), not to mention the extra traffic and fly-bys and grump grump grump. That said, most of us who work downtown are getting a three day weekend (mine is unpaid, but so it goes) because everything's getting locked down tomorrow, so that's fun.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Venison Philly cheese steak pizza, beer, crudite. It will be my only meal of the day but I may still be over my maintenance calories. Oh well, I have all week to work that out.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It's not a problem. I alone in my household have any interest in football, and I detest commercial interruption.

I have less than zero interest in the teams involved.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Eat the food, drink the drinks, watch the football, hate the Patriots?

We have the same party plans . . .
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    a lot of wings and meatballs and a lot of beer. I'm not really concerned with a day.
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm going to handle it like a boss.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I am definitely *not* an Eagles fan. But they're the underdog, and the Patriots are bad people.

I'm hoping that my cat's trend of winning teams continues. She loves watching football, and generally, when she stays awake for most of the game, either the Steelers win, the teams with the birdies win, or the teams with the kitties win. (It was rough going during the Steelers-Ravens game, and she needed an attitude adjustment during the Jaguars.) So, fingers crossed that she a) stays awake, and b) remembers that the birdies are the better team.

Oh man, that's awesome about your cat. I don't really like football and am a pretty big grump about public funding for stadiums (especially ugly bird-killing ones that look like sandcrawlers and make my drinks cost a dollar more), not to mention the extra traffic and fly-bys and grump grump grump. That said, most of us who work downtown are getting a three day weekend (mine is unpaid, but so it goes) because everything's getting locked down tomorrow, so that's fun.

I work downtown as well. They gave us the option to work from home this week but no extra days off.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    Options

I work downtown as well. They gave us the option to work from home this week but no extra days off.

Oh man, I'd have taken work from home over an unpaid day off for sure. My husband's firm got the option to work from home all week plus an extra PTO day for tomorrow, the lucky so-and-sos.