How are you all planning to handle the super bowl food wise?

Options

Replies

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    lucerorojo wrote: »
    I don't watch football, so no problem for me!

OP, You Enjoy!
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Like many residents of Minneapolis, I will be hiding under my bed with a bottle of wine and a block of cheese hoping the Eagles’ fans don’t completely demolish the town overnight.

We (Philly sports fans) are not as bad as everyone makes us out to be!

Agreed, those that are traveling are likely NOT the ones who would trash anything.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    AgentFlex wrote: »
    Like many residents of Minneapolis, I will be hiding under my bed with a bottle of wine and a block of cheese hoping the Eagles’ fans don’t completely demolish the town overnight.

Agreed, those that are traveling are likely NOT the ones who would trash anything.

Oh, I'm sure it won't be that bad. There's a lot of residual grumps around these parts over losing the championship game, though. And I'm just a curmudgeon by nature. It's good to see people enjoying themselves.

ETA: It's also really, really cold out right now, which I imagine will discourage lamppost climbing.
  • SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Pullled buffalo chicken!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Haven't decided. Been invited to a party I'm not sure if I want to go to or not. The party giver is a Patriots fan. ;)

I do know I'm rooting for the Eagles, and specifically Jay Ajayi to get some serious yardage! Go, Boise State Bronco (alum)!
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

Dude, you booed Santa! AND threw snowballs at him.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I will pre-log the best I can, and make that one of my higher calorie days (1450 5 days/week, 1800-2000 the other two days). I'll also eat lighter during the day before the game. It's just our family at home plus my FIL, so the food is pretty much up to me. We'll be having 7-layer dip and chips, and some fun appetizers from Trader Joe's. I can easily log those. We'll have some fresh vegetables and fruit out as well, to balance out. Some beer/wine will happen too, I'm sure. A fun night, some fun foods, but not a complete caloric blow-out.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don’t care about the super bowl so there’s that
  • abarriere
    abarriere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Well, my husband is from Boston and we are going to a Super Bowl watch party at a bar with other local Pats fans. Last year the party was so crazy, they broke the outside deck from all the jumping around. I think this year will be a little more tame.

So yeah, beer, wings, nachos, all the deliciousness. I went below my net calorie goal a lot this week and plan to exercise all weekend, so I am just going to eat/drink what i want and track a boat load of calories.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    We're having a party. I'm making chili (I need to throw it into the recipe calculator to see how much of it I get to have) and I'll be on my feet most of the day getting ready for the party, so I think I'll be fine. Chili, whatever dessert we end up with, a serving of chips and guac. I can't have alcohol so that helps.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I'll eat an appropriately sized dinner during the first half of the game and then be finished with food as I am every other night.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    What's a super bowl?
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Cheat day since I will be watching the Cheatriots anyway.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    What's a super bowl?

usa_today_10578790.0.jpg

Practically a holiday for many in the U.S. Lots of parties with lots of food and alcohol.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    shellma00 wrote: »
    Cheat day since I will be watching the Cheatriots anyway.

I'm just glad that the procedure to add a 6th finger to Tom Brady's hand was successful and has mostly healed.

Thats good. Wouldnt want him to miss the big game.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Avoiding like the plague as usual. I watch puppy bowl instead.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    smnovosad1 wrote: »
    So, just curious how everyone is planning to eat/drink at their respective super bowl parties! I know what I *should* do — still up in the air about what I am actually going to do!

I'll be at my usual recurring 1st Sunday Tango Milonga - so probably no difference (ie 1-2 drinks from the bar..possibly less than usual because I'm too impatient to wait long for a drink and the bar will be more packed than usual). (I've found that most of the local dancers don't particularly care about American Sportsball, but alas a good percentage of leads do disappear during the Copa America).

As far as special days go (that I do give a *kitten* about), I usually just quick-add a few thousand calories and don't bother tracking. (I didn't get fat over-indulging on just a handful of days a year).
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont do the superbowl.

its just another day to me lol