new mom

Options
Hi there! I just joined and I am READY. I'm a new mother to a baby boy. I'm 8 months postpartum and I'm ready to put some energy back into myself. I have 20 pounds to lose and then tone. Any tips or encouragement is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• MattsGirl90
    MattsGirl90 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Small changes = big differences
  • amyalisonnnaa
    amyalisonnnaa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Will definitely do that.
  • DJStewart812
    DJStewart812 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You are on the right track!
  • katlyngronwoldt85
    katlyngronwoldt85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Take your time, listen to your body, don't starve yourself! Im a mom to a 9 month old and just started getting back to my old self. I also have 20lbs. more to lose (down 9) Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

I totally agree with this. I have made small changes however appear to be getting results. I still enjoy my pizza and Chinese nights.

Best of luck.
  • workmani
    workmani Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Pretty soon your baby will be helping. My 13 month old runs around like a maniac. I just can’t wait til spring where days are longer and I can take her outside to run and on runs/walks pushing around her jogging stroller.
  • ZaftigBetty
    ZaftigBetty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I scoured the internet and found one of those bike trailers and refurbished an old Huffy Beach Cruiser someone left next to the trash in my complex. All-in-all, about $50 for both to be ready for cruising. I would take my son and his cousin on rides around the neighborhood. Bring a bottle of water! These boys were 3 and 5 and they were small and didn't weigh much except when you're riding on a hill! Then, they feel like piles of bricks. LOL! I only got to use it for one Summer as someone stole it. Broke my heart. Anyway, I also found a nice hiking trail that I would spend an hour walking on. It had lots of hills and was so scenic and quiet. It really made me look forward to doing it everyday. Sometimes I would try to beat my own records of how fast I could complete a turn on the trail. Best of luck! Congrats on your baby!!!
  • amyalisonnnaa
    Options
    Thank you for that! I will try to find a good place to take walks! And I'll definitely be looking into a bike.
  • amyalisonnnaa
    Options
    You are on the right track!

Thank you!
  • amyalisonnnaa
    Options
    Take your time, listen to your body, don't starve yourself! Im a mom to a 9 month old and just started getting back to my old self. I also have 20lbs. more to lose (down 9) Feel free to add me if you like :)

Thank you I'm glad I have someone to relate too!
  • amyalisonnnaa
    Options

I totally agree with this. I have made small changes however appear to be getting results. I still enjoy my pizza and Chinese nights.

Best of luck.
    Thanks! I'm with you on pizza and Chinese.
  • amyalisonnnaa
    Options
    workmani wrote: »
    Pretty soon your baby will be helping. My 13 month old runs around like a maniac. I just can’t wait til spring where days are longer and I can take her outside to run and on runs/walks pushing around her jogging stroller.

Yeah I'm looking forward to him walking to run around and get me moving. For now I've looked up some workout ideas I can do with him.
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Best of luck.
    Thanks! I'm with you on pizza and Chinese.

Well I am gradually loosing lbs, sometimes it goes up sometimes it stays same then it goes down. I'm taking this journey as the long haul. I'm not using this app as a quick fix diet fad. They simply don't work.

My downfall is pizza n Chinese takeaway's too ,lol. But I find this app great as I can still enjoy these on a moderation level. I take care of my self 5 or 6 days of the week by health eating and walking. Then I enjoy my 1 or two days of treats.

I hope you find a plan that works great for you.

Good luck.
  • workmani
    workmani Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Yeah I'm looking forward to him walking to run around and get me moving. For now I've looked up some workout ideas I can do with him.

Oh that sounds like a good idea. I also started going to yoga classes near my house after baby had gone to bed. It can be good to have some time to yourself to relax, unwind, and get a workout all at the same time.
  • amyalisonnnaa
    Options
    imfornd wrote: »
    Hi there! I just joined and I am READY. I'm a new mother to a baby boy. I'm 8 months postpartum and I'm ready to put some energy back into myself. I have 20 pounds to lose and then tone. Any tips or encouragement is greatly appreciated!

don't think of it as weight to lose - think of it as fitness to gain - lost of skinny unhealthy people out there - eat clean resistance training cardio 3 times a week - sounds basic but fitness is pretty simple - its the execution that sucks sometimes

oh and a glass of wine on Friday night - gotta remember to treat yourself
    Wow good point, didn't think of it that way. Thank you! Wine on Friday, gotcha.
  • amyalisonnnaa
    Options

Oh that sounds like a good idea. I also started going to yoga classes near my house after baby had gone to bed. It can be good to have some time to yourself to relax, unwind, and get a workout all at the same time.

I have been told of yoga a lot recently . I might just have to check it out . Time to myself and unwind sounds like something gotta do sometimes.
  • rupshaw
    rupshaw Posts: 248 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Lots of encouragement on MFP and you are on the path! Just add friends and post! You’ll do great!