I am hoping to find someone like me, and has beaten the weight

Options
Hi everyone,
I guess I will start with this I am 45 I am 5 foot 9 I weight 235 lbs. I have the following: I have Graves Disease but no longer have a function thyroid, however I am on medication and my numbers "fantastic" so my doctors say. I am type 2 diabetic I do NOT needs medication because again my numbers are great. I had a hysterectomy in 2012 my hormone levels are "normal" That all being said, I go to the gym 5-6 days a week minimum of 1 hr of strict cardio and 30 + min of strength training. I eat between 1200-1450 calories per day. HEALTHY foods such as : Egg whites, turkey sausage, low fat cheese (if I have cheese at all) almond milk, water spinach salad, skinless chicken breast, low fat no fat yogurt, veggies lots of green veggies and fruit. YET I can't lose an ounce, I can gain I have gone up to 239 back to 235, It will rise but it will not fall. I went to a nutritionist and was told I should be dropping weight like crazy. YET I am not. I really just don't know where too turn now.

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale to weigh everything? Do you pick the right items from the database? Do you use the recipe builder or pick someone else's homemade items? How long have you been counting calories? You should be losing.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    This flowchart coveres the typical culprits
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/38265371#Comment_38265371

If you get through that ok and still don't have an answer you are probably best talking to your doctor more about this since you have known medical conditions.

Welcome to MFP, hope you are able to get all sorted out soon!
  • heumpirej
    heumpirej Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You eat far too low calories for that kind of long training.
  • Ericac73
    Ericac73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes I do use a scale, I have spoken to my dr. I get well maybe your just supposed to be this big.. wtf kind answer is that. Changed Drs. same thing. Idk.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    How accurate are you though? You should be losing.
  • Amylynnlou
    Amylynnlou Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • Ericac73
    Options
    Pretty accurate, I am certainly not going to same I am perfect all the time however I'm very serious about getting healthy. Amy .. HI..
  • Ericac73
    Options
    heumpirej wrote: »
    You eat far too low calories for that kind of long training.

How much do you think I should be eating?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You should stick to the calorie goal MFP gave you, but you have to do it for real. To do it for real, you have to pick correct database entires (or make your own), weigh everything you eat/drink (that has calories), log it (the amount you actually ingest), and hit that calorie target, consistently (+/-50 every day, or on average, every week). What you eat, has nothing to do with weight loss, not directly. You don't have to eat anything in particular. You can eat whatever you like. Actually, I suggest eating food you like, because it's much easier to stick to your calorie allowance when you eat great food, and sticking to calorie allowance is what matters for weightloss. You don't have to exercise, either. Don't exercise for weightloss, anyway. But moderate, fun, exercise is good for you.
  • RinsenRepeat
    RinsenRepeat Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ericac73 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I guess I will start with this I am 45 I am 5 foot 9 I weight 235 lbs. I have the following: I have Graves Disease but no longer have a function thyroid, however I am on medication and my numbers "fantastic" so my doctors say. I am type 2 diabetic I do NOT needs medication because again my numbers are great. I had a hysterectomy in 2012 my hormone levels are "normal" That all being said, I go to the gym 5-6 days a week minimum of 1 hr of strict cardio and 30 + min of strength training. I eat between 1200-1450 calories per day. HEALTHY foods such as : Egg whites, turkey sausage, low fat cheese (if I have cheese at all) almond milk, water spinach salad, skinless chicken breast, low fat no fat yogurt, veggies lots of green veggies and fruit. YET I can't lose an ounce, I can gain I have gone up to 239 back to 235, It will rise but it will not fall. I went to a nutritionist and was told I should be dropping weight like crazy. YET I am not. I really just don't know where too turn now.

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Friend me and follow what I do...I have hypothyroid and for 2 years couldnt budge my weight...
    Now I reduce 1.5-3pounds per week consistently every week.
    If I gain, its because I cheated my nutrition plan..
    You can do it!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you avoid fat? Do you add oil (to cook in, or drizzle on vegies etc?)
  • Ericac73
    Options
    I do use olive oil, I use a pat of butter I eat healthy, I do not deprive myself. I was giving examples of what I do eat I do stay on target. Rinsenrepeat I sent you friend request