rupshaw Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • workmani
    workmani Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    workmani wrote: »
    workmani wrote: »
    Pretty soon your baby will be helping. My 13 month old runs around like a maniac. I just can’t wait til spring where days are longer and I can take her outside to run and on runs/walks pushing around her jogging stroller.

Yeah I'm looking forward to him walking to run around and get me moving. For now I've looked up some workout ideas I can do with him.

Oh that sounds like a good idea. I also started going to yoga classes near my house after baby had gone to bed. It can be good to have some time to yourself to relax, unwind, and get a workout all at the same time.

I have been told of yoga a lot recently . I might just have to check it out . Time to myself and unwind sounds like something gotta do sometimes.

I enjoy yoga, but I also really enjoy that is convenient for me. It could be spin class, Zumba, or meeting up with a friend at the gym. Anything you think you will enjoy that fits into your life :)
  • amyalisonnnaa
    amyalisonnnaa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    rupshaw wrote: »
    Hi there! I just joined and I am READY. I'm a new mother to a baby boy. I'm 8 months postpartum and I'm ready to put some energy back into myself. I have 20 pounds to lose and then tone. Any tips or encouragement is greatly appreciated!
    Lots of encouragement on MFP and you are on the path! Just add friends and post! You’ll do great!

Thank you so much!
  • Sbellows15
    Sbellows15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also recently had a baby and I'm ready to lose some of the extra weight and feel healthy again. I'm also looking to lose 20 pounds. I would love the support of another mom.
  • amyalisonnnaa
    amyalisonnnaa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sbellows15 wrote: »
    I also recently had a baby and I'm ready to lose some of the extra weight and feel healthy again. I'm also looking to lose 20 pounds. I would love the support of another mom.

I got you!
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    imfornd wrote: »
    Hi there! I just joined and I am READY. I'm a new mother to a baby boy. I'm 8 months postpartum and I'm ready to put some energy back into myself. I have 20 pounds to lose and then tone. Any tips or encouragement is greatly appreciated!

don't think of it as weight to lose - think of it as fitness to gain - lost of skinny unhealthy people out there - eat clean resistance training cardio 3 times a week - sounds basic but fitness is pretty simple - its the execution that sucks sometimes

oh and a glass of wine on Friday night - gotta remember to treat yourself

This!!
  • AnnieH_4512
    Options
    You’ve got this, girl!! I am alllll about motivating my friends on mfp. Please feel free to add me!
  • AnnieH_4512
    Options
    imfornd wrote: »
    You’ve got this, girl!! I am alllll about motivating my friends on mfp. Please feel free to add me!

Have to say in my experience the people I train UNIVERSALLY more successful with a good support system

Absolutely!! I've literally just spent the last 30 mins commenting on my friends' updates, just to let them know that I AM here for them and celebrating right along with them!
  • Natasha3589
    Natasha3589 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your little one. My lb is 19 months now. I think what got the baby weight off for me was to drink lots of water, push the buggy everywhere, exercise during naps (even just a 5 min work out each nap) and make some me time daily x