Definitely short and looking for friends, but not really new

Options
Hi all,

I've used mfp on and off for about a year now, but this time I'm determined to use it properly as an aid to my weight loss and fitness program.

I've always been massively sporty, but a knee injury (ACL was rebuilt and now have ITB issues), over work (I'm a teacher, it's expected) and some stupid neurological issues have meant that I've piled on lots of weight and seen my level of fitness plummet :0(

I'm looking to drop over 30kg (that's what? 66lbs ish) and get back to the stage where I can do all he sporty things that I want to!

It would be great to build a support network who will happily tell me off if I appear to be slacking off :0)

Thanks for reading

Climbingpanda

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your weight loss goals.
  • luckyduck768
    luckyduck768 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ha! Your post didn't include the "new" on the front page, so it looked like you said "looking for friends, but not really." I almost didn't look at the post! :) I had an ACL injury also, and I know that it can cause problems for the high-stress/high-impact exercise. Feel free to add me if you want!
  • tinymite1
    tinymite1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HI! Like you, I used to be sporty as well. (former runner) Work and Planter Fasch. issues have plauged me so that I am not the "sporty" person I used to be. (12 hour work shifts as a case manager do damage to a permanent running schedule...). Hang in there! You'll get your "sporty" back. Its just a matter of being safe with the ACL injury and finding ways to stretch that IT band. ( I feel for you, I had IT band issues after I gave birth-Thank God for chiropratic adjustments wihich helped).