Tell me something neat

Options

Replies

• W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    the only word in the english language where all vowels appear once and in the same order as in the alphabet: facetious.

Is facetiously a word so we can also do the sometimes Y thing?

No because the "Y", isn't being used; as a vowel!
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    W8WarI wrote: »
    bojack3 wrote: »
    the only word in the english language where all vowels appear once and in the same order as in the alphabet: facetious.

Is facetiously a word so we can also do the sometimes Y thing?

No because the "Y", isn't being used; as a vowel!

Damn! English is way more complicated then Spanish!
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My Hubby's grandfather fought in WWII, part of the 2nd infantry- carried a bazooka. He was 30 when he enlisted, they called him the "old man". He was a tough SOB. Captured by the nazis twice. First time he jumped off a bridge to evade them, second time they wanted him to show where his platoon was, so he yelled ambush and ducked down- he could've gotten killed in the crossfire. The man gave 0 Fs. He died in the 80s.
  • JillianRumrill
    Options
    When the US joined the fight in WWII, my grandfather ran away from home at the age of 14 and JOINED the army. He got sent back home once they found out his real age. That didn't deter him though, eventually he became an MP in the Marines. OOORAH!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    There will be another total lunar eclipse this year and again in January 2019

I have a moon boner tell me more

Well the one this summer won't be visible in North America but the one next January will be visible across North America for the entire totality

Wanna take a trip to where it will be visible?

For the July one? Like Australia or Europe. That sounds good

In for an Aussie trip.
  • JillianRumrill
    Options
    My ex-husband's ancestor- Charles Carroll- signed the Declaration of Independence.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    neat things and stuff
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I have been getting my focus back slowly and my jeans are baggy today. This is good.
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    vbdsx17987p4.png

That's my kinda neat! B)

Anyways here's something else that's neat: Banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories an hour. (possible concussions too)
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    There will be another total lunar eclipse this year and again in January 2019

I have a moon boner tell me more

Well the one this summer won't be visible in North America but the one next January will be visible across North America for the entire totality

Wanna take a trip to where it will be visible?

For the July one? Like Australia or Europe. That sounds good

In for an Aussie trip.

Cael that would be so fun!
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    I have been getting my focus back slowly and my jeans are baggy today. This is good.

Proud of you
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    vbdsx17987p4.png
    Whisky Neat and a Led Zeppelin shirt. Be still, my heart. Please tell me you have your own Harley.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    C/P from internet:

Your cat’s whiskers are exquisitely sensitive.
    Your cat’s whiskers are rooted much more deeply in her skin than her ordinary fur, and the area around them has a very generous supply of nerves and blood. This makes the whisker tips so sensitive that they can detect even the slightest change in the direction of a breeze. Because of that sensitivity, it can actually cause your cat pain if you mess with her whiskers. Eating out of a bowl that presses on your cat’s whiskers can also be disturbing, so consider feeding your cat on a plate or buying her a wide, flat feeding bowl.

#themoreyouknow
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I fold my towel 3 times

Same.