Those who have lost about 50lbs - did you have loose skin?

I have my goal set to lose 1lb a week. If I go that slow, will I have loose skin? I know everybody is different and genetics is a factor. I would just like to hear from people who have lost 50 lbs - do you have loose skin? And did you lose fast or slow?

Either way, I am still going to lose the weight. I just want to calm my fears if they are unnecessary.

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    I lost 86lb my first time and it took almost 2 years. I have loose skin. It has gotten a little better over time with strength training but I will always have some.
  • bee_bee8
    bee_bee8 Posts: 96 Member
    I've lost 50 lbs over the past year. I lost the first 30 pretty fast, but the final 20 came off over about 8 months or so. I don't have any loose skin, but like you said everyone is different.
  • bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    I lost 103#over the last 18 months and have no loose skin per se. Of course my skin is not as taunt (belly, arms, butt) but would not call it loose skin. I wore compression shirts while loosing, no way to tell it if helped or not but it made me feel slimmer at the time ;-)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    You've already answered your own question, noone can tell you if you will or not as there are factors outwith your control.

I am not quite as far as 50lbs yet (just about to hit 40lbs lost) but I have no loose skin at all I've lost at around 1lbs per week average and have taken a couple of maintenance breaks, I've been losing weight for around 15 months. I've tried to keep my protein intake up above 100g per day and done strength training throughout to maintain as much muscle as possible during my loss which can also help to avoid loose skin and keep myself well hydrated which helps with skin elasticity.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Lost 55 pounds and I have a little bit- but really nothing that anyone else would notice except me- I believe age has a lot to do with it as well as genetics. I don't think it would have been an issue 10-15 years ago. It took me about a year and a half.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    50 lbs here. Nope.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    I lost 50lbs over about a year in 2011-2012. I don't have loose skin. I was 32-33 then, 39 now. I've also lost and gained 15-20lbs about 3x between then and now and had no issues with my skin.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    When I was pregnant with my twins I was close to 180lbs. I slowly dropped to about 127lbs (over a period of 2yrs) and have no loose skin. Stretch marks-yes, but they have faded for the most part too.

I do believe losing slow helps with skin bouncing back and also genetics.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    59lbs lost over a years time and no loose skin.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Down just about 50 this year. 80 to go. Have some skin that I can pull down/around on my arms and my stomach is very wrinkly but I also had REALLY bad stretch marks there.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    I've lost 57 pounds in 6 months. I continually do strength training and cardio. I have a ton of stretch marks from having kids, but no loose skin.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    I have lost 80lbs, at one point it was over 100 lbs
    id be a confident 157 right now if I didn't have all the lose skin
    I hate it but surgery is way too $$
  • meloyellow27
    meloyellow27 Posts: 29 Member
    I lost 55 pounds in a span of 8 months... I have loose skin but to be honest I had loose skin before I lost the weight thanks to my two kiddos. My second child stretched my belly so much that my abs actually tore right down the middle and had them sewn up.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Depends a lot on your age, your toning exercises, and how the weight loss is distributed. Everyone is different. My suggestion. Lose the weight as you plan and do some toning type exercises along the way.
  • fitjp88
    fitjp88 Posts: 15 Member
    I lost 65 and no loose skin! but I think it depends on genetics. I did have stretch marks tho.

• missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    no loose skin at 50 or 60 down